Why has no guy asked me out yet?

I get stares, double-takes, stuff like that. People checking me out.

No guy has ever asked me out.

It made me wonder, am I even attractive?

27d See I used to think I was the most beautiful girl ever and it could be I actually am.

So I get a lot of looks etc. and am happy with knowing I'm attractive and that's all.

But lately I'm like all... whoa man. I've never had a date.

What Guys Said 17

• I don't think we can help you based on 3 lines lol. If you're asking if you're attractive, we kinda need to see you.

• 27d

I am pretty. I have no doubt about that.

Unfortunately I went to India and I have this bitch of an aunt that tries to make me feel like I'm not attractive. Some of the stuff she's indirectly said to me..

It made me think a lot. Like for starters why haven't guys asked me out?

I don't wear make-up, and it's never really prevented me from getting 'attention' but the girls always used to be mean to me about it. I just thought the guys didn't care but now I wonder.

Maybe a part of it is also that most of the guys in question are white and they might feel like it's unrealistic to try to form a relationship with a brown girl.

The brown guys I know are both uninterested in me and largely un-attracted altogether.

• Why don't you ask men out? Women's empowerment and shit.

• 27d

Becuase I recently realized I might be the girl that no one wants to get to know. This guy just yesterday was somewhat being friendly. I realized when I came home that the reason is because he is also not a very social person.

It made me cringe a little bit to think the number of people who probably think I'm not 'dream girl' either. As in sure I'm okay to check out etc. but dating no way that sort of a thing

• 27d

So I am that girl that no one wants to date? lol

I think the difference for me is that I'm not a very social person.. at all. And I've been hurt by a few guys as in made to feel rejected.

Even though those experiences were one-time things they were enough to keep me guarded for a long time

• 27d

Not necessarily, but the average guy also has no real guarantee that a girl will respond well. It doesn't necessarily mean you're undesirable.

Like you said, you're not that social. Maybe if you make an effort to be more involved at work or wherever else, guys will notice you more.

Everyone at my school more or less considers me a weirdo for not having any friends my age or doing the usual binge drinking and fucking, and girls aren't lining up to approach me. It could just be that I'm not much to look at, but if I was more outgoing I'm sure I could at least land a fat chick.

Point being, don't be like me and maybe you'll get some results.

• I'm just terrified to talk to people I'm attracted to, I'm my own worst enemy, when it comes to that, I'll look, but run off like a dog with it's tail between it's legs.

• 27d

See I used to think I was the most beautiful girl ever and it could be I actually am.

• If people are checking you out, you're attractive. Do you have RBF? Appear too busy / high maintenance?

• 27d

I'm unemployed. Which makes me wonder if guys think I'm a loser.

• 27d

Well most people aren't able to tell that unless you tell them.

• 26d

About your update... Try and be more friendly.

• Post pics so we can decide if u are.

• You... might not be.

• I don't know why people think guys just ask out total strangers. Most guys never do that.

• let me see you swettie

• You have to get out there more. Things has change sweetie, women also has to pursue, not just men. If you like a guy, you can't expect him to pursue you!

• at 25-29 you haven't a date?

• 27d

• I can tell you if you're attractive or not.
    Also calm down

• that dosent mean ut it just means no guyhas had the balls to asku

• 27d

Yesterday I was standing by myself. I was getting coffee. Two random guys just came up to me and started talking.

I looked pretty awful but went along with it. It made me think at least I'm attractive enough to still not repulse guys with my hair uncombed.

But those guys didn't have a lot of friends and I could've just looked approachable instead of unfriendly. Which somehow means I'm not intimidating hence it confuses me why it doesn't happen more often

• Just ask them out first to get things going. :)

• 27d

That would be so weird.

• 26d

Okay for example. I was sitting with a guy friend laughing. I saw this guy from far away. I remember him being an ass. He was looking at me all wide-eyed like he saw a ghost, (he hadn't seen me in a year).

I looked away and went back to my guy friend (we were sitting talking across a table). Out of absolutely nowhere, that guy from far away comes up beside me and the guy friend. I was like... what the hell?

I just went on to sort of choke out an annoyed, stricken, embarrassed baby voice and hoped he'd go away. He was walking really slow with his head kind of down and went away.

The next time I saw him which was a half year later, he was looking at me all hesitant and sad which made me realize he was hurt I ignored him.

I wondered if he liked me and if he was jealous I was talking to the other guy? I didn't know what to make of it. I was acting out loudly to get his attention but when I came close he wouldn't even look at me, he just held the door open without turning to me.

• 26d

We were walking towards the mall so he got on the escalator and so did I keeping a healthy distance. He just ran away as soon as he got off he didn't even give me a second look back. I was so hurt.

• Smile when someone stares at you, give them green light

• 27d

Ah I never do that I always look away

• 27d

But I do it because I'm afraid that the person at the other end might think I'm like you know one of those girls or something.

Interestingly even when I look away I do manage to get odd attention as in guys coming up to me out of nowhre. So it makes me think that if a guy really likes you he will approach you regradless

• 27d

Well, these girls usually dress slutty, so don't worry.

Damn haha, i think you are so pretty :P.. if he has the guts he surely will.

• We need a picture to answer that.

• Because women made it difficult for guys to ask them out.

• Thank goodness... poor guys got saved!!

• 27d

... what exactly do you even mean

What Girls Said 3

• Even if you're attractive, you might be intimidating. Whenever someone looks at you, you might look away or refuse to look at them, which shows that you have zero interest in them. You have to seem like you're friendly to get anyone to approach you. Otherwise, you'll have to wait for the super brave guys to come to you.

• Many girls who feel that way don't go out a lot or look straight up unapproachable. Maybe that's what's going on with you.

• If people are checking you out, you probably are attractive. Guys tend to get really nervous around girls, especially if she's hot. You may need to make the first move, which actually might show that you're confident and he may want to be with you more. (I'm speaking from personal expired so sorry if it doesn't work)