For special circumstances I'm still living with my parents. I work from home and I'm saving money to eventually move out. I also colaborate on some home expenses. However, when it comes to doing household chores (with the exception of washing dishes, pots or saucer pans), cleaning and real cooking, I'm either limited or clueless.
- I've never in my life iron clothes.. don't know how to either
- I can fry, boil rice, make salad and some of the basic things but that's not really cooking
- I don't wash clothes except my stocking, socks, underwears and bras (I just learn how to use the washing machine just recently)
- I don't know how to sew anything
- I've never cleaned a bathroom nor kitchen in my life
- I've never mopped the whole house.
- I've never used an oven, etc.
I'm realizing that most of these things are important because at some point I'm going to be on my own. I've noticed a couple female relatives my age don't know how to do those things either and just like my parents, they didn't force me to learn that.
Most Helpful Guy
It's not necessarily weird but you should learn these things because they are essential life skills. Both males and females should know how to take care of themselves, and how to take care of other people when necessary. Sooner or later you will be out on your own and you want to be able to cope with that.1