How can I overcome my fear of messaging a girl?

This is something that bugs me because its so simple but I always feel like if I don't have a creative first message then the whole thing is pointless. She won't respond and then I feel stupid for ever messaging her. There is a girl that I don't ever remember meeting but she lives close by and we follow each other on Instagram and that's about as far as the relationship goes. I think she's really cute and seems funny and goofy, similar to me. She likes almost all of my posts, but I don't know what to say to her. I have gone through a lot of rejection for girls and it makes it hard to be outgoing to other girls.

19d How do I start a conversion with her?

What Girls Said 3

• It's pretty simple. Start with "hi" and add, "I think you're pretty cool and would like to know more about you"

• Practice makes perfect!

• Well, what are you planning to say?

• 19d

That's the thing. I have no idea how to start conversation with someone I don't know

What Guys Said 2

• Just do it. Worst case scenario is she doesn't message back and you're embarrassed for a few days maybe. Best case is she actually responds and you get self confidence and a chance to get closer to her.

• 19d

Do not, I repeat do not say some one word introduction like "hi" or "hey". Do an introduction that isn't awkward or something that is welcoming. You can tell her she seems like a nice person and would want to get to know her more.

• Overcome fear by facing it head on