What hurts more: not being able to know anything about your ex or seeing them happy through social media?

Explain why?

25d From a male and female perspective: Which one is worse: not know about ex vs. being able to see their social media? (trying to understand mentality of both)?

What Guys Said 5

• I never follow exes on social media, I figure they would get mad if they knew I did that. Although hey, if they post it on Facebook for the whole world to see, why not me too?

But I'm not usually very interested in their romantic life after we break up.

• Just forget it. You'll never kiss and make up and ride off into the sunset together and live happily ever after. It's over. Get over it and get on with your life

• 25d

I know. I am just wondering because for me it hurts being able to know what goes on in their life. I want people's opinions because regardless how many exes we always feel the pain

• You can talk to him again eventually, but for now you've got to make yourself the priority :/

• 24d

True, but i am wondering what hurts more: having your ex goes missing (out of sight) or witnessing them being happy without you and looking better than ever

• Ignorance is bliss. People who stalk their ex's dig their own grave.

• or being pretty bitter.

• 25d

Explain? I am just trying to distinguish behavior from guy and girl. I believe in ignorance is bliss. But people have different ways of coping. Some rush into new relationships etc

• 25d

no you're bitter.

• 25d

Well i guess that defines what I just said. I just want to go back to my old happy self... I don't know how?

What Girls Said 1

• Neither?

Why do people make such big deals about this?

• 25d

Neither hurts you? I find some people that find consolation in not knowing and others who hurt seeing

• 25d

Have you never fallen in love with any of them? I mean 1week is not long.

• 25d

Pfft, a week is nothing. I don't even know what love feels like so fucked if I know. I'm assuming not.