Is it strange or a bit weird?

Is it strange that before college I want to go to a butcher training program Is it strange or a bit weird?
Cooking classes
Sewing class wool spinning class
Ceramics class
Is it weird that I plan to learn this and a few other things

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope
    It's totally fine
    I wanna learn new things as well

Most Helpful Girl

• No, that's awesome

Sponsored

What Guys Said 30

• No it is not weird. You are a very curious young lady. Wanting to try numerous things, I feel, is a great thing. You add diversity to your life and may find one of the many things you want to try a life long passion. Use your creative skills as much as you can. It makes life a little easier.

• Is it weird? Nope. A looooonnngg time ago, I used to raise freshwater tropical fish. You'd be amazed at the number of co-skills you learn. From that I learned something more about our environment, water quality, pumps, and plumbing. And... that there are a LOT of stupid pet owners in this country alone.

Knowing what I'd learned, helped me replumb my house 15 years ago, install and setup my water softener, and install my sump pump, and clothes washer tub pump. Like my handle says - Go For It!

• I used to have fish

• Pretty much till my friends sis did something stupid

• I was thinking if I ever setup another aquarium, I would have native fish in there (bluegill, crappie, sunfish, perch, etc...). These are cold water fish, so no heater is required, and if I get hungry, I could always net out a couple for supper. When I got tired of them, I could either eat them, or let them go into a local lake with zero impact to the environment.

• Nope definitely not. Those are actually some really cool hobbies and things to learn, and it seems like you prefer practical and hands-on work based on these. That's really nice since a lot of people seem to stray away from these sort of activites

• No, it's not weird at all. You want to learn new art, new skills that's a very good thing.

• Not weird at all

• Definitely not weird, learning to be self sufficient is always a great thing

• Haha ! You remind me so much of myself. I love to accumulate talents like that. They are somewhat different, but we have the same type of personality. The kind that likes to learn new stuff all the time.

• people think they are random but they are anything but random they all weve in to my bigger plan

• Yes, I get you. It's about gaining independence. Being able to do stuff and not need external help or stuff that has been done by others or by machines. This way, if something happens and society crumbles, you still keep going like nothing happened.
      Or... You are somehow trying to conquer the world...
      s2.quickmeme.com/.../...90a56f68b8a4716612e6c0.jpg

• No its not weird

• i think that are all good skills to learn. i mean not neccessarily the whool spinning one in my opinion xD but you do you.

• Not weird to have interests hobbies. I never thought of wool spinning classes though.

• As long as it is the good kind of weird! :)
    This is one of them

• not all that weird

• All of them were fun, baking is where its at though.

• Not at all. In fact, such skills are practical.

• no, they're useful things to learn, you're gonna need to know these things when you get married a make kids

• Do what you want.

• It would seem that you are an artistic person but haven't found your calling yet its good to explore all options before dedicating to one

• naah its not weird

• Cooking always useful, i don't know much about ceramics, and as for sewing, i did needlework in school.

• Apart from the butchery class, I would've thought you have a creative personality...

• Yeah I am lol and believe it or not they all provide a use for me

• Because I have a interest in homesteading and being a vet

• There we go... well done... not many people have those interests

• Do what you love. Nothing weird with wanting to do something.

• No it's all logical and practical. However few would share your ambitions

• not at all

• Nah, it would be weird if you added rehab classes

• no not really

• No its cool.

• That's a lot of stuff to learn lol

• all of these things before college? and no cuz then you have all-around skills

• Ceramics class can be funny

• I think it would be good to know. You don't know what could be usefull.

What Girls Said 11

• No, it's cool!

• The only odd one (for me) is the Wool Spinning class.

Everything else actually sounds pretty cool. :)

So, nope, overall it's not. Do it!

• No, it's good to have hobbies and things you enjoy doing.
    I bake, cook, sew and cross stitch. I'm attempting crocheting and I really want to learn calligraphy

• it's actually nice that you wanna learn new stuff
    you should apply to some courses
    except butcher tho #vegetarianhere

• Actually I need to learn butchering and sewing the most in the list

• Look I have no desire to be a vegetarian or vegan if u want to that's fine but don't make me be something I'm not I have an interest in home steading and farming which means butchering milking and growing

• lol did i say you gotta stop killing animals?
      nope
      i just said that you don't Have to, you can if you want to
      you're allowed to do whatever you wish

• That's really cool!

• That's what college is all about. Trying different things to find your passion.

• I already know what I want from college this is just side stuff

• Like I said BEFORE COLLAGE

• If you only want a answer to your question without any advice, here it is. Yes it's strange and weird to take all those courses BEFORE college. Especially since you know exactly what you want to do in college.

• If u don't mind me asking, what are u planning to study in college, and why do u want to go to college?

• I want to be a veterinarian why do you ask?

• Like u could have a career in cooking or butchering and stuff I don't know XD I was just wondering cuz college and being a vet seems so different from those things

• Lol I have always wanted to be a vet and the interests I have people think are random are anything but random they all weve in to my bigger plan

• Dang! They don't got a butcher training programme over in my country.

• They should work on that😂

• I'll ring you when they do have it. Then you can do part 2 and I can start on part 1 XD

• Damn girl, you're wise. You have lots of things you can study

• Thats cool tho

• I love Ceramics class