Do I need to fake my age to be taken seriosly?

i'm giving my opinion and every once in a while i run across the jerk that says I'm inexperienced or don't know anything... and then i defend myself, and us teens are called fight starters for defending ourselves. Like seriously do i need to lie about my age? most of my answers are the same as the 19+ answers... so why are we called inexperience our answers are almost always the same... its like i feel like I'm targeted because of my age

What Guys Said 11

• No you shouldn't fake your age to be taken seriously. You are what age you are and nothing can change that.

As far as not being taken seriously because of your age, sometimes it's justified and sometimes it's not. There are a lot of things that a teen just won't understand no matter how smart they are, and no matter how perceptive of the world they are. There are a lot of things that just take time to understand, assuming they are ever understood at all. Nothing can change that.

If most of your answers are the same as 19+ that's not saying much. Because 19+ is still VERY young. From my point of view I look at 30 year olds as very young, who are barely getting started in life.

But without knowing just what types of things that people are not taking you seriously about, it's impossible to address it specifically.

What happens with age is that when you are young and seeing things, you are missing the big picture. You tend to see things from one perspective. Many things in the world are very complex. They need to be viewed from many sides, and viewed as a bigger picture.

There are too many things where you might say "oh, I never thought of that". As you get older, you've probably thought of more things. You've seen or heard more sides to things. You've had the time to learn all the things in the periphery that affect it. That just takes time. It's an ongoing process throughout your entire life.

I'm 60 now. I know much more now and understand more now than I did when I was 40. When I was 40 I knew and understood much more than when I was 30. Than when I was 20, etc. I look back at when I was 30 and think of a lot of stupid things I said and did and thought. When I'm 80 I'm sure I'll look back at how much more I'll know and understand than when I a young 60 year old.

But as a 60 year old can I be wrong and a 15 year old is right? Yes. I'm sure it's happened before. I will listen to what people say no matter what their age. However I do place more weight on the words of someone older. But age alone doesn't make someone right. If that was true then all old people would agree with each other, but that's not even close to being true.

• no don't fake your age. just ignore people who discount your opinion simply because of your age

• Well they feel as if the argument has been lost, they'll bash on your age. I get it sometimes too but I honestly don't care. In person I'm assumed to much older because of the way I look and act.

• the good thing is... people can't comment anonymous on your opinions. so if some idiots talk bad about you because of your age... just block.

better than faking age

• I feel the same way

• Age is a number. You may know a lot from talking to experienced people. I'm one if the most inexperienced people you'll meet but i know a thing or two about a few things

• No, a lot of young people have very good perspective on things.

• I haven't seen your answers, hence I can't really judge, but out of experience:

If you think someone doesn't take you seriously for being young and if you are ACTUALLY intelligent (not just THINK you are, as it may or may not be actually true), you can use it to your advantage.
    Being polite (yet slightly troll-ish), reasonable, patient and pragmatic will get you through.

• Yes. Sorry, there's no replacement for life experience.

• 20d

i might not know some things but i do know other things that a lot of people my age dont know. I'm also here to learn not to just give my opinoin on something i dont know. i dont try to be a know it all, i did i wouldn't be on this site

• 20d

That is the lesson here, you need to live more to learn more. Be a sponge right now and take everything in, take risks, learn from mistakes. 10 years I talked just like you, I'm just saying you can learn some things. Just gotta live them.

• about politics yes

• 19d

you know we are close in age...

• 19d

You are under 18, there are serious teens out there and i could be serious about the election

• 19d

yeah but I dont give f about the election because I live in sweden under 18 so its nothing that would change my life. I just dont wanted hillary to win because she wants war and she's scary

• Be patient. I was 18-24 once... but now I feel I am being taken more seriously!

What Girls Said 5

• It's just that most people under 18 are generally immature about topics or don't have enough experience, and people like to judge on that based on your age. If you comment an opinion that someone doesn't particularly like, but they're unable to find a flaw in it, they are always able to target your age.

Tbh, I could care less how old you are as long as you can give a well thought out argument/opinion.

• 20d

thx! :)... by the way u just gave me a great come back to defend myself thanks :)

• Yeah, this happens to me too. Just because we're younger doesn't mean we don't have good opinions!

• Some people tie life experience to age, when sometimes that's not even the case. Just ignore them.

• I want to call you my little sister just to bug you now.
    But you should just ignore them, block them if you can...

• Change your behaviour, the way you express yourself. Sound smart, without being fake.

• 19d

but i dont think i should have to change who i am to be liked in the comunity :(

• 19d

personality and behaviour are two different things.

• 19d

like try not to tick people of? i can try to do that