Will the left and LBGTQ community now calm the F down?

Trump said in his 60 minutes interview:
Gay marriage? It's the law and he's fine with that.
Presidential salary? Not taking it.
Obamacare? Not being scrapped, being improved.
Special prosecutor for Hillary? Not gonna happen. He doesn't want to hurt them.
Cash in politics? Get it out
Lobbyists? Put term limits on them. Phase them out.
Racist attacks by his supporters? Stop it.

Does that sound like Hitler 2 Electric boogaloo to you

24d Don't misunderstand me, he's not a Manchurian Democrat.

He beat the Democrats. But in many ways he also beat the GOP. They didn't exactly run to put him in power.

People need to remember - campaign promises are BS.

And the rampant Hitler comparisons are insane.

What Girls Said 4

• I feel weirdly optimistic about a trump presidency. I'm worried about Mike Pence though.

• 24d

Pence is just a really good assanation insurance policy

• 24d

@BubbleBoy69 I agree. I saw his plan for his 100 days in office, and I agree with almost all of it.

• 23d

The leftist media was just making the guy out to be a terrible person so lots of liberals got terrified. Most of what was said is just not true though. The left used it to try and win the campaign. He's has a potential to be a transcendent leader actually.

• Nope. people are going to fight against him and he will quit and then MIKE PENCE will fucking destroy America

• 23d

Trump just doesn't seem the quitting type. Most billionaires are not, they don't get 9-figure bank accounts by quitting. As far as fighting his policies good luck, he's got a R-majority in both halves of Congress behind him and is in far better shape than Obama ever was, who mostly had to circumvent them with EO's to get anything done.

• 21d

@likitb4istickit With pressure off from oil shales and dictatorships propped back up in ME, he can get it done too if he plays the import/export taxes right. I'm ready for the quality of s*** to go back up. Sick of this bleeding out decline.

• And what about women? Should we calm the fuck down too?
    Roe v wade? on the table.
    Pussy Grabber? President
    Supreme Court? Right wing loonies.
    Yea that was intelligent!

• 23d

Pointless asking women (like you) to calm down. You're on permanent knicker-twist.

• 21d

Mic*

• No Bs for Trump, and I'm sure he will run a tight ship that suites everyone after the paid protesters go home and get their Flinstone vitamins.
    He never said he won't get killary, he will look into the situation.
    I can rest easier knowing I have this billionaire in office, than a marxist muslim.

What Guys Said 20

• Gay marriage? It was a Supreme Court ruling. He has no choice in the matter. I don't see that ruling changing even with new court appointments.

Obamacare? It can't realistically be scrapped. Too much damage has already been done. Scrapping it will not return us to how it was before. There is no choice but to work from where we are now. For example all the insurance companies that quit selling insurance and dumped all their customers. They aren't going to just jump back in the game because they'd have to start all over with zero customers. There a lot of other things that can't be reversed. It's too late for that. We'll just have to wait to see what they come up with. I suspect I won't like it, but I'll wait and see.

Special prosecutor? As much as some people wanted that, it was never realistic and people on both sides should know that. She should lose her clearance, but it's extremely unlikely that she'd need it again anyway. So it's all moot.

Cash in politics? I have no idea what he means by that.

Lobbyists? I don't know what he means by that either. But lobbying the government is a Constitutional RIGHT, and a necessary part of government. People always think of it in the negative, but we have a heck of a lot of good things because of lobbyists. Getting rid of them would seriously hurt the people. People may not realize it, but every single person in the country has multiple lobbyists working for THEM. Phase them out? You don't phase out Constitutional rights. Maybe he means something different.

Racist attacks? Duh!
    It was all the liberals saying he was a racist, and saying conservatives are racists. But they were wrong. They've been wrong about that for decades, and not once in all those decades have I seen any proof, or even evidence that it's true. I've never even seen a good rational argument why it's true.

Liberals really need to stop believing what the media tells them. Even more, they need to stop believing all the total nonsense and myths that circulate.

• 21d

You seem shell shocked

• 21d

@mostwomenshouldstfu
      Um, no. Why would you say that?
      I simply addressed the stuff and said what I think about it. That's how I always answer questions. My attitude about the whole thing is "whatever".

• 21d

Alrighty. Gay marriage, meh, if they want to be miserable like everyone else, let them. I don't think they should get a tax break though. ACA could be repealed just as easily as it was ratified. I just want the federal mandate removed for now. Special prosecution seems over the top. Corruption and lobbyists, there's good basis for that to keep representation fair and stifle the Matthew Effect. Racism, I agree gets blown out of proportion. People don't realize the harm in calling people racist, repeatedly, they start to believe it.

• I do expect it to calm down in next few days

• I don't care if he's Hitler 2.0 or even Satan incarnate. I want him to build that border wall (even if it's not a physical wall but a no-man's land patrolled by armed automated drones, far cheaper than the American equivalent of the Great Wall of China). As far as gay marriage repeal that shit, which isn't out of the question now that R's control both houses as well as the Oval Office and 3-4 liberal-leaning justices will be in their 80's during his first term (replace them with conservatives and wait for the issue to be revisited in a decade or 2). And as far as campaign promises like it or not history has shown that about 70% of them are kept in one form or another by literally every President since Kennedy.

• Sure 👍

• Nope, these people always find something to bitch about.

• Mike Pence is the real threat. I knew Donald Trump would pulled something like this, because he is a businessman. They sell their ideas very well.

• As long as he wears a red tie, every democrat will hate his guts. People are petty like that...

• they don't care, they didn't get their way and have to throw a tantrum

• This still probably won't stop those protests sadly

• No people aren't going to stop it. I saw the interview and despite that, he is still a racist, bigot, sexist, sexual assault criminal, and pedophile

• He's still turning his back on asia-pacific trade.

• As long as he removes mandatory requirement for healthcare and it results in lower premiums for those who DO work, we're going the right way. Which means a lot of people need to lose their coverage.

He's an honorable man. Single mother's need to literally swallow this.

• 24d

@mostwomenshouldstfu Do you even know how much profit all of the health insurers make? All of them could cut premiums in half and still make loads of cash, the fact they have to provide insurance to everyone is not what caused premiums to go up, they just raised them because they knew they could. However, you shouldn't be REQUIRED to have health insurance if you don't want it, that was the biggest mistake in the law, the part I didn't even like... the remainder of it is just fine as is.

• 22d

@Idonotgivearatsass You sound like you are frustrated with insurance in general. I'm not that happy about it either. But there has to be damage control and what's more productive for society, giving a life saving operation to a drug addict or a middle class family man struggling to make ends meet? Basically, it's the poor enslaving the rich. They take with no intent of giving, there's no real exchange. It's a net negative for society.

• 21d

@mostwomenshouldstfu
      Yeah, that life saving operation for a drug addict and other crap like that does annoy me, just like moving people with money up to the top of the list for organ transplants... but that's what having money gets you. Personally, I'd really be able to give a definitive answer if I could look at say, Blue Shields books, only buy seeing the real numbers do we know the real story... the rest is pure conjecture to be honest.

• Aww, c'mon, don't calm them down!

These protests need to escalate into a 2nd civil war; I bet we already have some polite people ready to protect Alaska ^__^

• Rational discussion with irrational people is pretty useless. They are going on self-deluded emotional overload and a severe persecution/anarchy complex.

• Sounds good to me.

• Actually it sounds GREAT! The one problem is... was he lying to his supporters THEN... or us NOW?

• Well obviously he's not gonna tune the wolrd 180

• Thank you for clearing that up. The media has to much dominance over our decisions. I think he'll do fine.

• Most of the people that voted for him are rednecks. Rednecks are easy to get dope. I agree with the other guy, Donald Trump is good at selling his ideas even if they are lies.

• How about picking an anti gay vice president that signed laws in Indiana preventing gays from doing things in that state, essentially

I wouldn't trust a guy who's too wishy washy with his beliefs. He once said women should be punished for abortions, then went back on it and said he never said that, when it was clearly in the interview

It's hard to trust anything the guy says