What's a habit you're proudest of breaking, or one that you want to break?

My proudest broken habit was probably around budgeting and money.
Im currently giving up coffee/caffeine and am struggling so bad 😤😱

Whats yours?

What Guys Said 21

• Good question - Like you I got better with my finances plus I gave up smoking maybe 15 years ago and recently I have cut back a lot on alcohol.

• I drink a hell of a lot less than I did 5-10 years ago, and am cutting down even further.

• I would be struggling if i gave up coffee, but i gave up on sweets, eating out, alcohol and we used to have 2 cars, so we sold one. Clothes always buy them on sale. It's pretty good and we saved a lot, more than people can think.

• I stopped smoking 12 years ago, best thing I ever did.

• My proudest was alchol.. I used to drink everyday when i was 9 years younger.. Now i have reflux so i dont drink anymore

• Well congratulations on breaking your habit of budgeting?
    Iv given up TV a few years ago but not by trying to i just can't stand the ad breaks and there's rarely anything worth watching
    Playing rugby as i didn't want to get injured i think thats about it really.

• I gave up fast food when I was around 18 or 19. I use to eat it so much that I literally got from it. I have it once in a blue moon, but not as often as I did.

• 20d

That'd be a tough one, good on you for giving it up and sticking with it!

• I want break a habit of buying cell phones and laptops
    it's a compulsive behavior not a proud habit at all.

• 20d

as in collecting them and haveing 50 fairly averge laptops staked up in you room gaveing dust?

• 20d

must have had it maybe 4years now

• 20d

Also might be worth looking to see if there are custom build laptops like custom build desktops so you can upgrade the parts rather than replace.
      If i ever need more power for something I will get a desktop there better value for money not by masses but by a noticeable margin and coolings not such an issue. Just as long as you actually need the power.

• I broke my habit of biting my nails when I was 8 years old. That's a big achievement for an 8 year old. I'm so proud of my strong self discipline.

• Drinking soda.

• Procrastination

• My proudest was smoking.

• 20d

Nice work, that's definitely a hard one for so many people!

• 20d

Wonderer89-It took five times to get it right. That's about average.

• 20d

Still got there😊
      My mum took 7, she would quit every new year and start by the following August

• Don't drink soda.
    Don't curse nearly as much as I used to.

• So far, biting my nails.

• Having temper tantrums, though I have recently regressed on that. I need to rework that issue.

• Smoking. It's amazing how much money you save when you don't smoke cigarettes

• 20d

Cigarettes are almost $30 a pack in Australia, it honestly astounds me how families on welfare can still afford it

• 20d

Yeah for about a month after I quit I still coughed a lot, mainly mucus (it was gross) and then I started feeling amazing. I actually did. I don't buy myself a lot of things but I buy a new game the day I quit on the past two anniversaries of me quitting. I'll probably continue to do that. I usually buy used games, but I'll buy a new one that day cuz I deserve it lol

• 20d

You absolutely do, it's good to reward things you've worked hard for

• Eating my bogeys when nobody around

• The ways of this world it's a slow process but I'm understanding how to do it and it's rough lolzzz

• I agree budgeting was the best think to do for myself. Not easy. But I can't do coffee no way ! Lol

• Stopped listening to the media and celebrities and voted for Trump

• lies and acting/speaking out of anger or hurt,
    working on number 2

• 20d

That's a good one to try and break - hard though!

• 19d

Yeah very, esprcially if you deal with people who know how to push all of your buttons

• 19d

If you can recognise they're trying to do that it's easier to stop reacting. Good luck with it, it's definitely a tough one!

What Girls Said 6

• Mine was staying awake late at night so I can wake up early

And also giving up drinking coke/fanta/sprite
    I drink gingerale maybe once a year

• Controlling my temperamental moods

• Nail biting when I'm stressed is one I really need to kick.

• I gave up Dare Iced Coffees! And sugar in my weetbix.

• smoking. it's been at least two years now.

• I am an owl and I can't break my habit for waking up late :(

• 20d

If you have anything with caffeine give it up, I can barely stay awake 😉

• 20d

Oh I don't even take caffine haha! And if I do, my sleep is deeper XD

But I can get so many things done at night when everyone's asleep ;P

• 20d

That's very true, I do too. Productivity is definitely a benefit!