Do you ever just feel really sad for no reason?

I have these days randomly when I just feel like I'm fighting off tears all day, despite having no reason whatsoever to feel like that. It drives me nuts because I am genuinely happy - I have a great life! So why do I have these days when I'm so horribly fucking sad? !

I have been through long periods of depression in the past, but that was different. When I was depressed I wasn't sad so much as I was just numb and lethargic for weeks, even months on end. This isn't depression.

What Guys Said 17

• As of late, I have been quite down. However, in my case I know exactly why.

If I remember correctly, you decided to reach out to professionals about your past. Perhaps feelings are being stirred up. Echoes from the past can cause negative feelings to surface. Or it might be hormonal, in which it would be wise to talk about it with a physician.

Whatever the cause, I hope that your work with counselors and health care people goes well for you.

:)

• since i've dwelled in more spiritual and unpopular practices i'll tell you there are three forms of unexplainable sadness usually.
    1) demons can attack you with feelings of sadness. feeling asdness out of the blue can relate to that.
    2) unfulfilled desires and unresolved narcissism issues troubling your soul and manifesting now due to subtle ciscumstances.
    3) some form of guilt or past wrongdoing manifesting like that.
    4) your soul might just be thirsting for spiritual fulfillment. "man cannot only live on bread" as Christ said... .
    more material kind of possibilities are hormonal and neurological imbalances in the body. a living vegan diet and exercise could boost your body's and mind's health, energy, and mood.

• 23d

haha the reaction is expected. people should experience this stuff. hearing them does nothing. but demon attacks are more than real. usually they do manifest with a weight and pressure on your chest.

• Human hormone chemistry and balance is both delicate and powerful. A very minor shift can have a massive effect on mood and outlook. Perhaps your diet is lacking or general vitimin intake is deficient in some way which may be causing shifts. Also, its possible you may have a herreditary disposition which can tip the equation more easily when certain factors are present.

Perhaps journaling the things you eat, your menstral cycles and other environmental factors would be of use to recognize patterns. I would also ask you doctor to run a full screen of your systemic hormones both when you are feeling great, and when you are down in order to compare the two.

You may find a simple change like an iron, B12 or D suppliment or a similiar combination solves your issue if you do the research on yourself.

• Yes , sometimes I look at your profile picture and feel very sad , because you are such a beautiful young girl having such a bad profile picture. Just change the profile picture because it doesn't show you in proper light.

• I mean, yes I'm a chaotic bag of emotions on a day to day basis, haha.

I find Mahler's Second Symphony to be excellent for a good overall clean out :) Particularly good for anger and sadness, and just overall, existential desperation...

• I think you are just feeling a bit down but because of your past with depression you are overthinking it, it is okay to feel sad for no reason now and again

• I don't, but my girlfriend does. I feel horrible because I know there's nothing I can do to help but be there for her.

• You're not alone i notice lately in America lot people are
    feeling sad and depressed i do believe it's got to do with
    the change of season and possibly the days getting shorter
    and the nights are getting longer also it seems that the
    Winter months seem to play a major role on ones mood i
    know from past experience it's playing hectic on me as well
    so your not alone on this one.

• No there always has to be a reason unless you're bipolar

• Sometimes I feel off but not on the verge of tears. It's mostly when my adderall ways out and the dopamine is completely depleted out of my system.

• Yeah I have the same thing! It's really weird because nothing causes it. I just wake up and I'm sad and feel like crying all day 😔

• There's always a reason.

• Never

• Yeah, on occasion.
    I've also got major depressive disorder as well

• is it possible that its hormones or period related?

• 23d

I thought that for a while but I began using a mods tracker app and have noticed that it's not as connected with my period as I thought.

• 23d

Go get checked. I use something my doc gave me it helps. 100 mg Sertaline.

• I'll honest ya i have. I've even cried because was really depressed.

• no, i'm normal and not a loser.

What Girls Said 16

• Yes, this happens to me a lot. Sounds like you do suffer from depression where you have your highs and lows. I tend to go through this a lot. Thats why I tend to take my time with doing things and not get overwhelmed with doing everything all at once.

• Yeah, I don't cry because I never cry but I just feel so empty and lonely and like nobody cares and is just programmed to piss me off and treat me like shit. Today was actually such a day. I feel like it might be the weather & change of seasons though, still hate it.

• I've had depression as well, and this seems to be a normal effect of it. I'm at a better place now than I was, but that doesn't mean I'll have depressed times. Sometimes they last an hour, sometimes a week and sometimes a day. It depends. Someone else can also trigger this in me, so I think it's more of a reaction sometimes. I feel sad or numb, that depends on how long it is.

• Yes it sucks... I take pills for it so it really helps

• Yes. It happens to me sometimes and I have a pretty happy life mostly.

• Sure do. It sucks, but I just have to do my best to continue with my day and try to perk myself up.

• Most days. A lot if the time I'll feel sad for no reason and not know why but at the same time I know there's a reason for it

• yes, this past weekend was one of them. its like this weird wave of depression that comes and goes. just got to try to ride it out or see if there are any underlying issues

• oh yeah, I've had those days

• yes. I've found that the best thing to do is just to keep yourself busy

• Maybe you are pregnant.

• Yes I think it's normal.

• The Moon?

• No. I always know the reason. Always.

• No. & there's always a reason even when you think there's no reason. You have to find what is making you sad to resolve this issue.

• No I feel sad but I have reasons.