Why was Buffy liked by more men, than women?

It was meant to help empower women

What Girls Said 2

• I don't think the ideal female role model is somebody who possesses power or attraction - its somebody who appeals to female reason and sensibility - meaning they can understand others in an empathetic or maternal way and communicate that understanding to others in an intelligent, but confident way. Buffy was what men admire - powerful - able to beat people up - this is not what females admire. How many girls watch professional wrestling? They exist but they are uncommon.

• I like Buffy

And I don't know, it was a good show

• 17d

Not saying there weren't girls who liked it but like, they once did a Big Bang episode where Leonard had to introduce Penny to Buffy because she had never seen it before, and Penny was open to it because of course she liked Leonard. I just don't really understand why so many women didn't watch it, if it was meant to empower?

What Guys Said 1

• Well it had no guy with a pale skin, 6 pacs, hair slick back, chizzled jaw, and sparkles. While Buffy had a plot line that focus on one thing but ended up doing something else.