How do you sleep when you've got a lot on your mind?

What Guys Said 12

• Listen to music

• I just pray and recite. Tasbeeh (repetitive recitation) really helps.

But it may happen that you are on the bed for 2-3 hrs and no change. In that case, the best idea is to get OUT of the bed and do something. Reading helps in that case.

Worst is to start surfing or watching TV.

• Write everything down. Make a list of EVERYTHING you need to do the next day and EVERYTHING you'll need to do it. Then put the list aside somewhere important where you'll remember it and it won't get lost. Then go to sleep.

• Close your eyes and go to sleep? Really, it's not that hard, just turn off your brain, stop thinking about what's on your mind at night, it won't go away.

• 24d

If I could stop thinking about this thing easily, don't you think I'd do so? This wasn't helpful

• 24d

You've heard of mind over matter, that's what this is, you need to take control over your mind.. only then can you stop thinking about it.

• 23d

No, really... he's right. I used to be like you, op. Until I realized that I could indeed decide to 'be here now'... and ask myself what any of it was resolving. I'm not saying the initiation of your thoughts will go all the way away... but that you need to learn that you do in fact control their ability to be created by not getting drawn into the irrelevant spiral. Just think... how much of it do you even remember the next morning? Much less anything productive for your overall life. Never let negative thoughts take over. It's a useless habit and you can break it. I speak from experience. Just take a deep breath... and every time your brain says but... you say "No. No buts." and remind yourself of how irrelevant it all is. Focus on sleep and how nice sleep feels... before you know it you'll be an expert at passing out.

• Sex/masturbation.

It was prescribed to me by a doctor.

• i can't. i fucking hate when that happens.

• Stop thinking and start doing sit up until your body tired out.

• Have a bowl of cereal, or a cup of chamomile, or smoking a bowl, or masturbating.

• i force myself to relax my whole body and i say tomyself "i will not move anymore"

• I don't.

• Masturbate 3 shots of tequila and I'm out like a light every time

• 23d

One tequila.
      Two tequila.
      Three tequila.
      Floor

• Tell the woman to stop sitting on my face so I can sleep.

What Girls Said 25

• Just know that life is a roller coaster of events and whether you're at the top if it and its exciting you or whether you're at the steep part/bottom and you're stressed, life has a lot in store for you and there's no rush to get to the end of the ride. I just tell myself that I will eventually get through whatever's happening and once you realize that restless nights aren't contributing to solving the problem, you kind of just let it go.

• 23d

Thank you

• 23d

I shouldn't even be worrying about this thing that's bothering me but honestly I can't help it. It's not like I have anything to distract me, and I know I'll get over it eventually. But at this moment I only have this one thing on my mind that I can't seem to get rid of.

• 23d

Feel free to tell me about it.
      Sometimes it happens to me too, whether its a big deal or not, I get fixated on it and it bugs me for a long time. Telling someone always helps me though.

• Firstly, take a long shower, it lets your body knows that its being taken care of. It has a cleansing effect on your mind as well.

Sit down and write everything down. All the possibilities. It is like telling someone all your worries, just imagine putting all your troubles in a box and opening it up tomorrow. You may even see new solutions that you may never thought of before.

You can drink some hot tea/ milk
    Then turn up some smooth music eg. Jazz, soul
    Wear something comfortable then turn in.

You can also try downloading an app on android called "Relax and Sleep"
    It has sound recordings of the sea, birds, nature and white noises to help you get into a deep sleep.

Hope it helps <3 Good night

• I go for a walk or I get up and get a drink of water or eat some cheese or just do something a little active that helps stop my mind racing.

• I either just decide... or put on something to sleep to... so that my brain is focusing on relaxing... and I let myself tune into the tones and lower my energy to match it...5 minutes at most before I'm asleep. Also consider melatonin. :D

• Turn on some chill music, close my eyes and I'm out!

• Get on Gag...2:25Am and had Woken up at 1:30Am. lolxx

• It is very hard to fall asleep. I suffer from insomnia.

• I have over the counter sleeping pills for such nights

• To be honest I don't get much sleep at all. Especially if I have a lot on my mind

• First go sporting to empty your mind

• It's hard to, i might get to sleep, but i'll keep waking up in the middle of the night, tossing and turning.

• I pray, and it helps me

• I walk around, drink tea/milk and then get comfty in my bed. Sometimes wearing a sleeping mask helps.

• drugs.

• deep breathing... clear your mind of thoughts

• On my side cuddling my pillow.

• When I can sleep because I have too much on my mind, what I do is different type of breathing session! It helps me very well! You can find a lot of exercice online. Let me know if it works for you! :)

• I cry myself to sleep when that happens. Sad, but true. I hate it.

• I do stuff until I fall asleep

• Drugs

• Think of sleep and think of worries again tomorrow, I got enough time for that

• I don't or I pass out from exhaustion

• Picture a blank white paper on your mind. And focus on it.

• Try asmr videos on youtube! They're really relaxing and make me fall asleep really quickly

• i count