Guys, thoughts on girls who drive manual (stick shift)? Please specify country your from (if you want) and reasons :) Thank youuu?

What Guys Said 18

• You know, for some reason I find this very, very attractive because i would somehow feel she's more competent. However, it's very rare to find ANYONE in the US who drives a manual transmission. It's actually pretty hard to find a car like that to even buy as they just don't make many models with manual transmissions anymore.

• I live in the US. The vast majority of people drive an automatic transmission vehicle. My wife and I both know how to drive a manual. She wanted her current car to have a stick, but it didn't come that way (here, at least). However, her car is almost 9 years old and I mentioned to her the vehicle I was considering only has CVT (constantly variable transmission). I've never been a fan of those - ever. They do make a version of that model with a stick. She said she wanted her current car to have a stick, so yeah, she's looking forward to stirring the gearbox herself! I'm looking forward to that too! To me, driving a stick just raises the fun factor of driving!

• Very very very hot.

• Pretty Badass

• I am from the UK, and I think the majority of the population drive manual (stick shift) over here.
    It's rare that people drive automatics. But I'm a big car guy and I love it when girls are massively into cars! Big plus for me

• I'm from America and I don't care as long as she isn't condescending about it.

• Everyone drives manual here so I think nothing of it. If I lived in the US I wouldn't care though. I am not into girls because they have male interests so I really don't care at all.

• Everybody exept for rich old people drive a stick shift here.

• I think female hands are sexy they're so small and thin.

• ehm, normal? Like 90% of cars here are manual. Automatic is mostly used by old people here.

I'm from Luxembourg

• Uk and how is that a problem exactly if you can drive a manual (stick shift your from america i guess) your allowed to drive a automatic in the UK at least as far as im aware

• What does it matter, driving a manual is simple any moron could do it, you could probably train a chimp to do it. " A better question would be guys what do you think of girls who become astronauts and go up in to space?" The answer very impressive.

• USA and don't care one way or the other.

• I'm from the US so I find it a turn on

• They are hoes!
    I'm joking. It doesn't matter.

• Do not care. It is just how a car operates.

• I'm from Canada and it will be very helpful when I teach her to drive a 18 speed grain truck

• Pakistan originally.

If you don't know how to drive a stick shift, you don't know how to drive. Simple !!

• 20d

It gives you control over the car. I don't want to let the car decide when to shift.

• 20d

It seems the question was not for me. Sorry. I just jumped at the sight of the mention of "stick shift" hahaha.

What Girls Said 4

• Everyone should know how to drive a manual, you never know if you'll get stuck in a situation where you're the only available driver

• I'm from Australia, and most people I know drive manual. I've known a few kids who drive automatic and freak out about the gearstick and the clutch though. My impression is that those who can't drive manual are rich kids whose parents can afford to buy them a new car.

• 20d

Haha exactly, unlike us poor kids who got a manual 1995 hatchback laser

• I'm from Balkans and everyone drives a car with a stick, it's normal :)

• 20d

In Australia it's quite rare. Especially for a "female"

• 20d

Because it's seen as manly in this fucked up world where men are seen to be able to be born manual drivers and us females are apparently too dumb for that

• 20d

That's how men see us because it's a widespread prejudice that women are bad drivers. It's due to the fact that we're more careful in traffic, more tolerant and don't cut off someone because 'we know best'. Statistics say that men cause more car crashes then women and they are prone to irresponsible driving such as driving while drunk.

But, yeah, we're still the sex who doesn't know how to drive...

• I'm in the UK and find it SO weird that this is a "thing" for Americans. I've heard so many talk about it like "oh wow you drive manual, impressive" lol. It's really normal here.