Yin and Yang :/ ?

Yin and Yang :/ ?

What is the story behind this sign? Everytime someone talks about it, I am like what the fudge is that. U_U
Please someone what is it, and what does it mean? Why is it important? (¬‿¬)

19d Balance? Ahhh... I see. ('-' )
19d Thank you for your opinions! It always confused me when someone would says something like, "oh yeah, just like Yin and Yang. 😅
I understand, now! Thanks! 😊🙋

What Guys Said 8

• I'm way too tired to talk about this, but I'll give it a go, haha.

Yin is female, passivity, receptive, reflective energy.
    Yang is masculine, forward moving, directing, expansive energy.

It's really supposed to be a descriptive of what is happening in nature (the macrocosm) and within ourselves (the microcosm).

It's the observation that everything happens in waves. Yin follows yang. Yang follows yin, in an endless cycle.

You can see yin and yang in everything, from the height of summer, to the inwards looking yin of winter. Even politically, yin of Europe, yang of America. yin of Obama, yang of Bush and Trump. The fire of birth, the water of death. Everything rises and falls, and then rises again. Everything is constantly moving. Nothing stays the same. The little circles within each (the yin within the greater yang), indicate that everything exists on a continuum. Nothing is truly fully yang or fully yin, or at least, it can't be so for any length of time. Every yang has some yin in it. Even bastards are capable of being soft. Everything is bound together. Manifold expressions of oneness, yin and yang.

You can see a nice video that touches on some of these themes here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcPWU59Luoc

It's a really beautiful video. I advise everyone to watch it.

• if evil did not exist, how do you determine if something is good?
    if good does not exist, when is something evil?
    what meaning does "poor" have when nobody is rich?
    what is "old" when everyone dies at 30?

you cannot attach value to something if the opposite does not exist

• If you believe in Chinese Astrology , Yin and Yang represent the male and female virtues.

• it means there´s light in dark or good in evil and that both sides need the other to exist.

• ugh i know for a fact it doesn't mean balance
    it means something else entirely I just can't remember

• It's all about conflicting natures in everything, Even one's self.

• balance between good and evil, light and dark

• Google it
    Click wikipedia

• 19d

Wikipedia is not allows right. People are allowed to edit it. I want true answers. Thanks for your opinion. 😊🙋

• 19d

Always**

What Girls Said 4

• These are two complementary categories that we can find in every aspect of life, or of the universe.
    Yin means shadow.
    Yang means light.
    It's a whole. One doesn't exist without the other.

• 19d

Ahhh... I see.
      Thank you for your opinion. 😊🙋

• It basically means everything must be in balance and that you can't have the light without the dark

• it represents opposing but complimentary forces that help create a balanced whole

• 19d

Ahhh... I see.
      Thank you for your opinion. 😊🙋

• It represents the balance, the Tao.