If you found a baby goose or swan stuck would you try to save it even if the parents were around?

I mean they're soooooooooo cute
If you found a baby goose or swan stuck would you try to save it even if the parents were around?But the parents don't know that and they are sooooo protective

Although you would be too if your babies were that cute.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes I would

What Guys Said 12

• NO!

The best thing you can do with wildlife is LEAVE IT ALONE except in the MOST extreme cases - and even then, it's usually better to bring in experts who have the facilities and training to do a proper job.

Often, you getting involved with a baby wild animal can lead not only to YOU being attacked, but often results in the baby being shunned by the "parents" and left to die. Perhaps worse, they will be improperly socialized with humans and won't be able to live in the wild anymore, which may result in their being euthanized (killed).

www.pgspca.org/.../

• 23d

But birds won't abandon their babies because you touched them.
      #ThatsAMyth

• 23d

Some do, but many other types of animals definitely and routinely do. And if you aren't experienced, and if there is no legitimate need to get involved (an obvious injury or entrapment), then it's better not to.

• You'd need another person with a board/panel (or two) to block the parents from attacking. Then you can rescue the little one, and back out of the situation letting the parents reunite with their baby.

Both swans and geese especially, can inflict some serious damage to a human. We get them where I work, in the spring, wanting to find nesting places. They are extremely protective and can be very hateful buggars when they want.

• I'd just leave them alone since they're wild animals and not my pets.

• Well what would be happening to it that would warrant me having to save it?

Also if the goose came at me I'd be like I shot and ate your cousin for Thanksgiving you want to be next?

• Yes of course I would do my best

• I would stay away for my own safety. Who knows what those things got planned in their head.

• 😂😂 bahah... cute little birds than you scroll down and you get this evil big bird screeching at you

Bah leave it I guess for now and wait

• I would simply get him unstuck then skin it cook it and eat it

• yeah, of course. as aggressive as the parents can be, they can't actually do too much damage to a fully grown adult.

I would try to save any animal if it was in distress.

• Yes-----

• yeah, i would try to save it

• no, I would not.
    I work on a farm and geese can cause serious problems for us

What Girls Said 11

• I would call the proper authorities to handle a situation like that when there is a parent around. It's not smart to engage in that situation unless the parents aren't around at the time. Yes, they're cute. But the parents would not be happy about that. They are very possessive and obsessive with their younglings. So unless it is a major emergency. No, not a smart idea.

• No way.
    Swans and geese are evil!!! lol

• I've saved baby birds before but not bigger species like that. I heard geese are really mean and they chase you and stuff.

• My friend one time saved a baby goose who was caught on rope. The mother goose attacked us. I basically had to run around to try and distract the mom while he cut the rope. I'd do it agai.

• Hell no, their parents are pure evil and would try to kill you.

• Definitely.

• No, I'm terrified of birds.

• I'd try to save them if I can

• I've done it before. Yes, I would do it again.

• Mine 🐤

• Something similar happened a few years back. We couldn't get near the signet so we called the RSPCA. They came out and managed to save it.