Does sitting alone by yourself makes you look antisocial and sad?

I always sit alone at lunch in the same place because I don't see the few friends I have at lunch and personally I'm really reserved so it's easier not to speak because I'm bad at it, this couple and their friend started to sit at the table I usually sit at, but now i ask myself ( do they think I'm antisocial and sad?) because I'm just sitting there listening to music, not sad at all, but I would like to know what do people think of a person sitting alone, people usually prevent sitting around me unless there are no tables left and I guess it's because they think I'm antisocial? I don't know? you nice people of gag tell me.🙂

What Guys Said 8

• I always almost sit alone. I see myself as "Antisocial". And I would probably look at others the same way. Being by yourself is not a sign that you're sad. Sure, everyone has sad days every once in a while, and that's normal. There are way more people who want some alone time no matter how social and outgoing they are.

• A look doesn't tell a whole story. Superficial people might think that , but NO.

• 24d

Exactly, so I don't know why people like to come and tell me ( you have to make friends)

• 24d

@_Asker I suppose the first idea of people is always "what's in this for me?" And if they don't see a direct benefit they don't even try.

• I like my alone time , i guess going through many periods of
    being alone when my mom passed away has grown on to me.

• 24d

Yeah I get you, I've never ever been with my mom so you were lucky enough to have her as part of your life, but doesn't it feel uncorfortable? Eating and having people stare at you? I hate it

• 24d

Yeah, when i eat in public if someone stares it does make me uncomfortable.

• I've sitting alone by myself just thinking about all the stupid desicions I've made in the past and people do look at me like something's wrong. But no not everyone will think you're anti-social.

• Yes for someone who doesn't think or never sat alone.

• nah i do it all the time when listening to music or reading a book

• No just look like your enjoying your own company

• I am the same type of a guy.
    I am extremely awkward and quite with women.
    Hiw is your behaviour with men?
    I can't make any conversation with a woman amd hence I have zero female acquaintance

• 23d

Well... I'm so so at talking to men 😂 Like they talk to me, smile at me and they're kinda playful and I'm just like "😬" I smile at them like that and I just say hi, so that's pretty awkward lol don't worry about it, girls are hard to handle anyway, someday you'll find some easy going girl who'll make make you feel relaxed around her

• 22d

5'10 brown

• 22d

Damn tall woman!
      I love tall women. Super nice.
      What type of Men do you like? And I know it's odd, but what is your view on lot of male body hairs?

What Girls Said 7

• Sadly a lot of people assume that. If you're an introvert who loves being alone, then they will assume that you don't want to be bothered. If they see you're listening to music, then they will leave you alone. It doesn't make you antisocial. But others will believe that you are and automatically judge you.

• I think it depends on ur body language or facial expression maybe? I can be the same way where I'll just sit alone somewhere because I'm shy and I don't know anyone, but I also have resting bitch face. So people who I've met or talk to LATER on always tell me that I looked angry or mean XD

• Sometimes if I see someone sitting alone and they look sad, I'll go and ask how they're doing and chat with them a bit. However, if they have headphones in or look like they want to be alone I leave them alone. I don't deem them antisocial though. That's just me, I'm not sure what others think 😊

• I think it depends on how you sit & your facial expression haha. I often sit on the bench in my faculty waiting for my friends to arrive when I'm early and nobody ever seems to think anything of it.

• Nope sometimes I like being by myself

• Depends on what they are doing. If I went to lunch and saw someone sitting by themselves and writing/drawing something, reading a novel/magazine or listening to music and eating I wouldn't consider it to be strange or unusual, but if I saw someone who looked around and stared at people while alone that would seem odd. I don't know what kind of place it is. Is it a standing burger place or a restaurant or a cafeteria?

• 24d

College, so yeah kind of like a cafeteria

• 24d

The thing is, I like being alone, but People make me depressed when they talk to me about making friends.

• 24d

If you don't have problems with it then I guess people don't see it like it's a problem. Some may find it awkward and try to make friends, but if you don't want it - you don't want it. Everyone has the right to do as he likes as long as it doesn't hurt others. You're not hurting anyone by sitting alone so don't feel awkward or strange. I sometimes have problems when I want to be alone and people come to ask me for things, that's why I usually carry a book I like and read it when I want to be left alone in public :D

• I don't make assumptions. I like minding my own damn business. I don't know their life.