What is the one thing you know now, that you wish you knew back then?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• How dumb self harming is and how it would fuck up my entire life. Dreamed of going into the marine corps since I was a little girl and now I can't because of one mistake I made years ago. I can't go into any branch of the military. I can't even be a cop.

• 21d

What why wouldn't you be able to do that I self harmed and have thought about it before and know the reasons why. But why should that stop you going to a military, better yet how would they know about it?

• 21d

Scars can mean anything though, I have Scars on my hands and arms cus I climbed trees and play with my cat. I used to fall over a lot so I have Scars dotted on my legs from football tackles and from the time I accidentally sat on sicsors. How can they know which ones are from self harming and which ones are just you growing up. Practically every part of your body can have an explanation.

• 18d

@19magic They don't. But they won't take chances regardless. If you have scarring that wasn't even from self harm, but still looks remotely suspicious they'll send you home. It doesn't matter.

What Guys Said 15

• On a high level, I truly didn't grasp the breadth and depths of the DIFFERENCE between how men and women think and perceive things. It's a natural tendency to assume that everyone else has similar priorities and perspectives to your own, but I know now how wrong I was.

To give a more specific example, I didn't understand why being a "nice guy" was so bad. Most women are terrible at communicating the "why" and "why not" of this issue, and what's worse, they often CONFIRM incorrect perspectives instead of CORRECTING them, by saying they want a guy to be nice or that they appreciate a nice guy, but without explaining how THEY define that term (which is very different from how *I* defined it then).

If I had only understood what women REALLY wanted in a man (confidence, a decision-maker, him to take the lead, etc.), I'd have likely done far better with women in my teens and 20s. Looking back, I did FAR better than I had any right to (mostly a combination of the girl being more understanding or of her being a rare exception, along with pure luck, rather than any skill or game on my part), but I still had lots of confusion, angst, loneliness, and frustration during that time.

• That both Yahoo and Google were going to be a HUGE event and I would have invested in both the companies.

• That even though she smiles for the camera, my girlfriend is hurting, and won't let me help. I'm locked out of that because of how she was treated in the past by others, which isn't my fault, but I bear the punishment for it. I'll take it because I can, and I'll stand by her, but it hurts knowing there's nothing I can do to change the past.

• Pick chemistry in high school. Go hang out more with your friends one day they might live too far for it.

• I really wish I would've known that marriage such a big commitment. It is actually so big that it can turn your life into something 10 times worth it.
    On the other hand it can end your chance in life completely forever.

• 23d

how does marriage end your chance at life forever?

• 23d

we'll see how it goes I suppose.

• 22d

If you're struggling, I say this with all honesty again, let someone in and allow them to help you because you shouldn't have to continue to feel the way you're feeling, like there is no hope and nothing is going to change. You're not the first person to ever feel totally screwed over! Just don't keep putting it off, like maybe I'll talk to someone, and maybe I'll do this new thing, maybe, maybe, and then never do it because you absolutely have the power to change the direction of your life and to find happiness, in whatever form, again in your life. Have a little bit more faith in yourself, that there is still something inside you that wants more in life, than what you've got now. Use that as fuel for the fire to get out from the suck fest. Good luck to you. I mean that.

• Invest in Google.

• Not to sell my first house

• I shouldn't have dropped the soap 😳

• Female nature.

• Bought a company.

• The mark schemes of previous exam papers

• Not to put up with chicks who are bitches just because they look good. I would have had more self-esteem...

• Not to kill a girl on the first date

• Stop searching for women. Just go your own way and avoid the feeling of being rejected or never noticed by women. You will have a much happier future.

• I wish I knew that we wouldn't really have flying cars, hoverboards, and auto-drying jackets by the year 2015.

So sad. :(

What Girls Said 8

• That you don't have to be in a relationship and try to stay together. I wish I realize that you can walk away anytime you not happy. It's ok to try again with someone new or walk away from things you want to give up.

• Maths is actually useful.

• The winning Powerball numbers for January 13th :)

• Penises are smaller in real life. 🍆👀😂

• I guess that there is a difference between a crush and a love and that these crushes are wastes of time.

• Right at this moment: to have used condoms last time I had sex

• Just because you get good grades, doesn't mean you never have to revise, study, do homework or concentrate. Just because you get good grades, doesn't mean you can skip classes and just turn up for tests/exams.

• People are assholes.