Are you asocial?

For me it's hard to feel comfortable in the presence of new people. I don't know if I'm asocial but I just can't relax when I first meet new people. For example me and my friend went out and we met her coworker. She invited him to come and grab a coffee with us and I barely talked in front of him. I didn't have a problem to answer a question if he ask. Is just that I don't know him and I don't know what to talk to him about. I'm very shy and usually when I meet with new people I need I couple days to get to know them and then I start to get more comfortable in their presence.

What Guys Said 4

• That's not asocial. That would be antisocial, I guess. Or socially anxious. Asocial is a personality type typically denoting lack of empathy (psychopathy), violent and criminal behavior.

But, I think most people except for the high extroverts have to take some time to get to know someone before they really talk a lot. I think this is a natural thing. You have to know whether or not this person is similar to you or a potential threat. Have to gauge their perspectives and their temperament and whatever else to determine whether or not they will be a worthy addition to your social circle or a detriment to it.

But yes. I am, usually. I used to be very open and excited puppy-like around new people and loved meeting new people. Especially when I smoked weed. My friends and I would walk around town and pick up a new friend like every day. Just walking around and meeting someone also walking around then go smoke together and friend it up. But, these days, I'm very distrustful of people. And it also takes me awhile to gauge a person and determine what type of person they are.

I think it's more a matter of how much trust you put in strangers, or how much trust you put in your ability to adapt to potential dangerous situations. Or just ignorance. If you don't think strangers can do you any harm--whether psychological or physical--then there's no reason to be wary around new people.

• I'm the same way I have to try very hard when I talk to new people because I'm not good at small talk and I don't know them so I have no idea what they are interested in.

• i don't think so, I just don't like people

• I think everyone can be asocial.. doesn't mean that you don't like talking at all. It's maybe just pre existing anxiety and thoughts that you have. Or past experience which affect how you see new people.

What Girls Said 0