Have you ever done an escape room?

So, anybody in Melbourne who's done of theirs would be even more helpful..
BUT, what did you have to do?
Any tips on someone interested in doing one... Where do you start etc?

Link to one of the ones here: http://www.escaperoom.com.au/

What Guys Said 4

• Yes, I have done an escape room! :D The rules of the room that we signed up for gave my group (of 7 people, including me) one hour to escape, if I remember correctly.

It was fun! Unfortunately, the speakers in the room (used to describe the storyline of the room at the beginning of the hour, and later to provide background music and sound effects during the hour) were of low quality, so we couldn't really hear what the automated introduction narration was saying. xD

But basically, the room was dimly lit and was supposed to be a creepy "house" in which the owner's soul was trapped because -- long ago -- he unwittingly released a demon or something. xD And now your group is trapped with him, and so you need to investigate all of the items he left behind in his "house" (i. e., the room) in order to piece together the clues needed to escape.

A good tip would be to divide the labor in a somewhat organized way. While one or a few people are working on one puzzle, the others can be looking around the room for other stuff, hidden items, etc. And search for hidden items EVERYWHERE (behind a painting, at the bottom of a vase even if it's filled with pinecones or potpourri, etc.).

• Yes, they are great fun and a great icebreaker if you don't know the others on your team that well.

• -------No------

• $200 for 4 minutes of fun it's a waste of time in my opinion

• 23d

4 minutes?

• 23d

It was a shitty one in a small city but ya I escaped in 4 minutes

What Girls Said 3

• ours is $26 and there's 3 or 4 different themes, I want to do one so bad. I'm sure there's videos on youtube or something

• I have, but in KL, Malaysia, and I'm obsessed with it.
    I have tried 3 rooms currently, love it

• I haven't been to one before 😶