Is it normal to feel younger than I am?

I'm going to be 27 tomorrow And I feel like I'm 17 or 18. Or even 21. I look way younger than my age. Some guesses were 16, 17 or even 18 or 19. Hehe. I got mistaken for a high school student and when I go places I need to bring my ID. Update: I still like Barbies and started collecting again, I feel like a teenager and still watch cartoons but just for memories of my childhood. I watch rated R moves and like to each teen comedies. I go to college and do my responsibilities but I'm my free time I like to be carefree. Its crazy that I'm three years away from being 30. Yikes!

23d I know on my profile it says "age: 27: but I'm actually going to be 27 tomorrow.

What Guys Said 16

• I feel younger too... sometimes I get really surprised when I think I'm 22. I mostly talk to teens xD

• 23d

I get mistaken for being a teenager too

• 23d

This doesn't happen to me though, most people think I'm older, but do interact more with teens.

• Yeah, it's normal. I'm a big goofball and I look way younger than my actual age so those two things combined make me feel younger than I am :)

• Yes , it is good that feel younger :D When I am with my friends , I feel younger than I am but when I am with girls , I feel older than I am 8)

• Nah that ain't crazy! Thats cool. I'll always be a kid at heart as well

• I'm 60, but I feel more like 50. Everybody tells me I look much younger than I am. I got lucky; I still have most of my hair!

• Yup, a lot of people feel younger at heart or more mature for their age

• I feel young but I've gained the experience so when the chips are down, I can act my age and give an appropriate response. Me at 20 wouldn't have cared. Me at 44? I know how to act now.

• It is normal. I'm 28 but I feel like I'm 17 or 18 years old

• I look younger but I don't really feel younger. But I don't feel like I relate to typical "adult stuff" either.

• yeah... I feel younger too... like early 20s.

• Of course you feel younger than 27. You are younger. Tomorrow you will feel 27.

• No but it's a good thing! I think it means you're healthy

• Yes, it is totally normal

• I think it's normal. I've always felt younger.

• Yeah I'm 50 and act like your age most of the time

What Girls Said 8

• if it makes you feel better, i'm going to be 30 in February and i still feel like a big kid.

i am a university student and always get mistaken for a kid fresh out of high school (i could hug those people, lol).

i never used to get carded, but it happens all the time now; my mom's side of the family ages ridiculously well (she's 57 and people think she's my sister) and it seems i'm following in her footsteps.

• Yes, its normal. Im actually 27 and honestly I dress younger. Its like I dont want to come to grips with getting older. I even lied about my age on here. I just dont want to appear old for some reason. But I know the time is coming. I think that we have it in out minds that once we get older, men won't see us as fun or as sexual as someone younger. I lie to men about my age all the time. I tell guys im 23, it actually turns me on.

• Yep. You and I are very alike. I get the same issue. Even when you wear makeup and clothes for a job interview. They always think I'm trying to act older than I already am. I have to remind them that I'm an adult. They keep mistaking me for being 13.

• 22d

Yeah small world. I even got mistaken for 15 one time.

• Normal...

• Yes, especially people who've been in abusive situations. My brain is younger than my physical age.

• Nope, I feel like I ain't a day over 18. Most people still think I'm either 16 or 18 anyway.

• I think it's normal. I even hear 40+ year olds saying this. One woman, I think she's like 50, said the other day to me that sometimes she's just like "woah... I own a house, have kids, and go to work!" because she still doesn't feel like an adult yet even though she knows she is.

I think it's just because when we're younger than that age, we always look at those people as sooo old. Then we get there and are like pah it's not actually that old, I'm still really young.

• Yeah it's normal.