Is it weird to have a straight roommate of the opposite sex?

Pros & Cons?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• Nah it means free sex and its coo' ;D

What Guys Said 11

• I had 3 women as roommates in college and married one of them. One we lost touch with, the other we're godparents to her kid.

Pros:
    Women generally aren't as much of slobs as guys are.
    Other guys thought I was either really crazy or really lucky, and listening to their ridiculous assumptions was always amusing. (everything from having orgies every night to being henpecked when they were all PMSing at the same time)

Cons:
    I was expected to do all "guy jobs" plus do my regular turn with cleaning.
    I was the best cook out of the 4 of us—by far—so I got to do that all the time, too.

There really weren't any issues.

• Pros cheaper rent
    If you get on really well you have a companion and look out for each other.
    If your liberal and keep your behavior similar you get to know guys or girls better.

Cons if your both sexuly active it may be even more awkward than normal when you need to relive your selves if one of you is in a relationship or has no interest in the other.
    If one of you or both are not able to become very open sam or opposite sex then having a roommate will stop you doing what you would normally and make life very uncomfortable ie you both have to masterbate.

A girl in a flat i was in who was in a relationship bunked with a gay girl who wasn't witch is has similar issues and far as i could tell that worked out fine.

• It's not weird to most people but it is weird to me. I wouldn't feel comfortable with her.

• I had four girls for roomates in college.

• No. I knew some people who were rooomates with each other of the opposite sex. They were just friends though. Didn't date each other or anything.

• If you think that's weird then you're incredibly immature.

• Nothing weird about it, very good chance you will end up having sex though

• Totally depends on what he does. I am straight.

I think it is very easy to get an idea of what this is like from the internet as you read stories.

In reality you will find that 80% of straight guy roommates will never attempt anything you don't want, unless you give a really really obvious flirting sign.

• Nah! I've had one before. It was actually pretty great!

• 11d

Was she attractive?

• 11d

She was! Petite girl with a very nice rack! :D

• No, how'd you end up being roommates with him in the first place?

• 13d

We're friends, he couldn't find a roommate neither could I, so we decided to be eachother roommate.

• 12d

Nothing wrong with that then. It's just due to circumstances. Living by yourself and covering the rent and bills on your own is much more costly compared to sharing the expenses where both parties split the costs in half.

• If I had a roommate then I would have only a straight female. Otherwise I would not feel comfortable.

What Girls Said 5

• Yes I would never share a room with someone of the opposite sex. Better be safe than sorry. Don't want to be tempted and end up doing things I will regret.

• Nope! I had one for years! He was like a brother to me.. he was very fair will bills/chores and we have each other great dating advice. Not to say this will work for everyone, but for me, it was wonderful. I find guys so easy to get along with!

• Not necessarily odd. Just set some ground rules for you both to live by.

• Roomates our housemates?

I thiink sharing a house is no big deal but I think overall girls are easier to live with. For me anyway.

Roomates, as in sharing a room is weird I think

• It's not weird, I think it would best if you kept it "contained" though