Who do you think can hold a conversation better: females or males?

I just posted a question a few days ago saying who wants to have a conversation? To my surprise the males could hold a better conversation then the females. Why do you think this is? I have also talked to a good amount of guys on here and realize they talk more then a women which is not always a bad thing some are very open. I actually enjoyed it very much. So share your thoughts everyone.

• Females
  • Not sure Rican
  • Males
17d It has been so much fun reading the comments thanks for answering gag people :-P
16d Okay very interesting comments but the truth is the guys won. It will be very hard to pick MHO but I enjoyed talking to each and everyone. It's time to close this question. :-)

Most Helpful Guy

• Men... they need to impress women with humour and conversation... women generally (I hate this but it's mostly true)... play the role of looking good and deciding if this guy is worth my time. I watched a video of a woman being challenged to pick up men at a bar and her conversation was very poor as she was in the seat of having to make it an interesting conversation.

Most Helpful Girl

• males by far. from fishermen to philosophers i always found conversations with them more honest, meaningful and captivating... . i can't stand girls' prejudices, gossip and small talk over trivial things... .

• 16d

Well said you are my winner mho right here. I can't stand talking to girls either some of them are so fake.. Haha

• 16d

Well this where I'm a hypocrite because I couldn't be with a girl that has more guy friends than girl friends but I understand why you do, one of life's unsolvable mysteries I guess.

• 16d

@cchris987 I understand that but when I am in a relationship I don't hang out with them as much to be honest. I wouldn't want my guy feeling like crap.

What Guys Said 62

• Hmmm, tough to say for sure, obviously it's case-to-case. Is it fair to say I think men are more motivated to keep a conversation going, particularly when talking to women?😅 For me personally, it really does depend on who the person is and what we have in common. If you hit me with something I'm interested in, I'll talk your ear off about it, guy or girl. If there's nothing to talk about, I'm not always good at generating conversation, and we'll just walk away from each other, haha. Over my lifetime I've probably had more engaging conversations with other guys, but often it's related to sports or chicks, so it's not exactly lofty stuff😂

• 17d

Haha great answer but the guys on gag are winning the women for sure.

• It really depends on the person. Generally, I find most genders bad to talk to, but that's because I usually have little in common.

I don't really understand why people are finding women bad to talk to. Generally, man and women should complement each other nicely in conversation.

I see women as more perceptive and more capable of having interesting and varied conversations, they're more open, too. But this is definitely dependent on the person, since as Shakespeare said, Give every man thy ear, but few thy voice... Not without good reason :)

• I don't think it has anything to do with a gender. If there is a subject that I'm very passionate about, you would fall a sleep before I finished talking, and not because it would be boring :D I was "seeing" this one girl and we used to talk every day and night over Skype since she was living other side of the country, and every night she fell asleep while I was still talking. I have not yet met a girl or even a guy who would "out talk" me or how ever you say it :D Once I was playing a online billiard game and some guy I played against asked me "are you atheist", I replied yes and we had a +10h conversation about religion until he had to go to sleep , and even tho we disagreed with each other, it was very nice conversation.

But you can't really have a conversation alone. I have noticed some times girls are like "mm, okay.. mm, tell me more" But come on, you have to talk something back, I'm not here to entertain you no matter what kind of "social expectations" you have about "who is the one keeping up the conversation". Conversation is not just one person talking and other listening or just answering with a one word or a sound. It requires equal interest and effort

• 17d

I totally agree with you I believe women are so use to using their looks and don't use their brain.. haha jk :-P

• A lot of women think it's up to a man in a one-on-one conversation to keep the flow going.. and they judge you on that.

But other women are very communicative and tactful, and they try to figure you out, by drawing you out with carefully chosen questions... They aren't trying to judge you as the first category women are doing.

• Guys and taken women. Single women seem automatically put up barriers and assume a guy is interested in them the moment he talks to then (not all, just a lot).

• 17d

Oh yeah interesting

• 17d

@Puppylove94 You know me, of course I would haha. To give an example, in packed coffee shops we have to share tables so I ask if I can sit down and just make small talk from there. I'm not interested romantically, I'm just interested in different people. Older married women will chat all afternoon with you, but younger women are defeinitely are more cautious.

• 16d

ahh see i think america. Nobody would ever do that here. lol

• Can't generalize it I don't think. Women are generally "chattier" but there's exceptions for sure on both sides. I think it depends not only on the person but who they're talking to as well.

• It depends on the person and the type of personality they have. Some are shy and some are talkative. Then their are people that fall in between, etc.

• When it comes to formal debates, women throw emotional tantrums far more easily when someone either doesn't agree with them or exposes their false narrative. Dudes reason more, and definitely are more fact oriented, based on my own personal experience. Whenever I see a rational female I get very impressed because usually when a woman knows her shit, she dominates. Kudos to those women.

Gotta say, though, when it's time to discuss personal issues I prefer to talk with a woman. That's for sure.

• Definitely females. We males can hardly stand the existence of each other unless we root for the same sports team.

• It depends, if she's not into you (like she just wants to be friends) girls are the better talkers.

When you meet a girl on a dating site or she's into you, oh my god, they're terrible.

• 16d

Lmao! Hilarious

• 16d

@red324 If she is actually a people person she will be able to have a good conversation with you.

• 16d

@red324 Oh that's an easy fix, you just have to go on better dates and give things time for that kind of stuff to come out.

Like don't take a girl out for dinner, bring her to the park and get a kite or something. Do things with her that will bring out your and her character. That's what will get you to open up with her and while you wait for her to get comfortable doing it, your gonna be enjoying each other.

• I think it depends on the person more so than the gender. I also think how much you have in common also plays a big factor too. Not that it's a requirement but it helps.

It's just from my experience, you're more likely to have longer conversations than ones who don't.

• I think it depends on who the person is. I've talk to some females on
    here and after just few conversations they never message me no more.

• "To my surprise the males could hold a better conversation then the females. Why do you think this is?"

You're female.

• 16d

^^ More importantly, here on GAG she has almost twice as many male as female followers -- which means almost twice as many guys are going to SEE the question in their feed.

So... if she got, say, 1.5 or 1.8 times as many good conversations from boys, that would actually mean that the GIRLS were better on average.

• 16d

Ahh thank you bebe. <3

• 16d

@redeyemindtricks you're one of my favorites on gag for sure :-*

• Personally, I've had some really interesting conversations with women. Guys will just talk about football and stuff. (Not saying it's not cool or anything, just bland conversation about football and video games itself) Women really have interesting questions to ask me and it keeps me engaged in the conversation more so then talking to other guys.

I'd say women depending on what the topics are.

• Men. It's difficult to find a woman who can hold a real conversation, tbh.

• 17d

I think so too especially the guys on gag are good at communicating.

• Women can talk more, effortlessly so. I think men can talk on more subjects with greater depth though.

• 16d

Yes they actually can I have had great conversations with a few on a deeper level.

• It depends. I usually find it easier to talk to men, probably because we have more in common. I also find that women often let the guy keep the conversation flowing.

• if i want to chat about feelings im going to talk to a girl but if i need advice on mercedes e class glow plugs im going to chat with a geezer

• Probably men, they have more pressure/incentive to be good at it.

• Guys can talk about literally anything. Doesn't matter the topic, a guy can run with it and talk his ass off. Girls, not so much. They tend to keep quiet or walk away if it's something hey don't know or care about.

• Males definitely since in the dating scene we have to. Girls just stand there and look pretty. Fin.

• 16d

Not this girl I look pretty and talk and can be funny plus laugh my ass off.

• So... I think this is tricky. I feel that women can talk at one another non-stop but not actually absorb anything the other is saying. Is that truly a conversation?

• Depends on the person, not genders.

• 17d

Well this was kinda a joke question but guys on gag can handle a good conversations well at least the ones I have spoken to. :-)

• actually the boys can start a conversion well and can talk on various topics but they need the input from the other side too, while girls do not usually start the conversation but if they know about the topic (or the things related to it) then she can talk without much need for the input from the other side

• ıt changes person to person

• I hate talking to men. I've had enough about sports, beer and cars.

• Has nothing to do with gender and everything to do with being quick wited, creative, and most importantly having balls.

• I have many female Rican friends. they are very engaging when having a convo. I also have Rican males. Its more intense.

• Females are in general very, very bad at this and there is a good reason behind it: Women arent't designed for this.

• It feels like my responsibility if the other person/people won't reply soon because I don't want to feel like I'm boring them.

• 17d

Interesting

• 17d

I don't want both of us with a long awkward silence in/as our conversation...

I feel if the other person says nothing, they either can think of nothing to say regarding the subject or unable to state a desire to change it.
      Wanting both of us to talk instead of just having a "So... what do we talk about now?" look in our eyes, I try to think of a way to continue the conversation myself if they seem unable to do it themselves.

I'm much more of a listener than a talker, but I need to reply now and then if I want to talk or listen longer.

• 17d

Okay that's cool :-)

• More from Guys
    32

What Girls Said 19

• From my experience, guys.

• 17d

Actually I wanted to send private message but i couldn't so i'll write here. you look like an incredibly beautiful girl.:)

• 14d

@msg812 Hehehehe I just told him :P He say he is not very lucky lolz :P jk but thank you :P

• 14d

He has such a beautiful girl as his girlfriend and he thinks he is not very lucky. that's unbelievable:) he even can be luckiest man in the world:)

• Who can hold a conversation better? That's a good question. I think it can go either way. I've walked into a room full of guys and there's no conversation at all until they all start talking to me. (Not just me but any girl that would walk into a room of guys) and I've walked into a room full of girls and been unable to get a word in at all but once I do get into the conversation, we can talk for hours and hours. On the other hand, as others have pointed out, guys will strike up a conversation with a random girl at a bar and have her completely engrossed in conversation. so I think girls can have better conversations with each other but guys will hold a better conversation with the opposite sex. A tie?

• In my experience, guys. Guys are just more open it seems. It's been kinda a known thing that guys will often act before they think, and the same goes for their mouth. While girls spend a lot of time worrying about what they're saying and trying not to sound stupid, or too dramatic, or too mean, or too anything.

And then some are like me who just have nothing to say (I think a lot, but it's never anything I'm comfortable sharing), once I'm close to another female, I can hold a perfect conversation with her, but other women, things tend to get awkward because they don't know what to say, nor do I. Guys are always able to hold a conversation better, because like I said, they don't worry about that.

• I think it depends on the person.

And their confidence level. I notice people with less confidence r just not as good as communication or finding things to say back.

• I agree with @bloodmount, its nothing to do with genders. Typically the more outgoing and friendly type of people will be able to keep conversations going. Especially if they are quite boisterous with it. As for the shy extraverts they just cut you short with one word answers or may have trouble working up the courage to start conversations never mind being able to maintain one.

• 17d

This was kinda a joke question but in all honestly the guys on gag can hold up a conversation better then the girls on here.

• 17d

Thanks, but I'll just let them add me if they want. I won't be on here as often once I get started at my new job.

• 17d

Okay haha :-P

• That's because you're a girl. Guys like talking to girls. If you look at same gender conversations, women are more likely to talk a lot longer and about more things than men are.

• 16d

Yeah I've seen women talk for days about one topic, I would get so bored talking about the same thing everyday.

• 15d

The question didn't ask about solving problems. It asked about conversations. People can have conversations about opinions like which shade of the sky looks prettiest. It doesn't solve anything. It's just talking.

• 15d

Likewise, people can also talk about which sports team they think is the best. It still doesn't solve anything, it's still just talking.

• am not sure it has something to do with gender... i think it has more to do with the person's ability to hold a conversation

• I would say older males and females. I think its equal. But anyone who is younger under 25 seems to be an airhead to me. They talk about things that dont matter. Again this is just my opinion and observation.

• No idea, I've had splendid conversations with both genders, but sometimes I have a hard time talking to men cause they are too busy trying to steer the conversation towards sexual stuff and therefore don't care to get to know about me and talk about other things instead. Aside from that I don't really know, I love talking to anybody regardless of age, sex, race etc that can teach me something new, make me laugh, talk about personal stuff etc.

• Why those questions, some people are good at it and some are worse, it is not about gender.

• 17d

Lol! It was a joke kinda question but honestly the guys on gag have more skills on talking and Communicating

• 17d

Ok, I get what you mean :) but I personally think it depends on a person or both people. I don't have a problem with it when a person has similar interests. I am talkative in such case. But when someone is very different than me it is not easy.

• 17d

I agree with that :-)

• I think it depends on who they're talking to and level of interest. Like I think when men really care about getting to know someone esp a woman, then they're really good at making convo lol but general chit chatter I guess females.

• I think it depends on the person more than the gender - I've seen a huge variety in both

• 17d

That's cool! But this was kinda a joke question but I can't lie the guys on gag can hold a conversation down for sure

• 17d

Have to agree there! Once you weed through the sleazy pervy ones there are some gems😊

• 17d

Lmao! :-P

• My experience has been different online and in real life. I find it easier to converse with guys in real life but on the internet, girls

• I think it depends on who is involved. Two like minded people, regardless of sex, can carry on a good conversation for quite some time. But if there is a disconnect between one or both, then trying to make a conversation happen will be difficult.

• It depends on the person...

• guys are better at staying on point
    girls tend to jump around a lot

• the person asking this worships men to a degree in which i find disgusting. anyway, nothing to do with gender, but interest. some men can only talk about games, but in anything else, they fail terribly. i've only met one guy who is universal and we actually clicked, i go to him whenever i find something new to share with him. i know another female, 8 years older than i, and we talk about so many things, not boys and just makeup. people my age can't handle unbiased arguments, or don't know anything that i know.

• It depends on the person.

• 16d

The guys on gag are very talkative and very open so I believe the guys are going to win. :-)

• 16d

Well I'm thinking in real life. Most guys I've met have barely anything to say and most meaningful conversations I've had have been with girls. I'm not going to sell men short though. All the good convos on here have mostly been from guys. I figure it's about even.

• Well.. I say girls cause I'm shying to have conversations with a shy guy and he sucks.

• 16d

No way.. lol!

• 16d

lol I meant "trying... not shying." But yes... I initiate way too much and recently started to back off.