Are Horror Movies The Most Popular Genre Of Movies Right Now?

I think they might be

1|0
8|11

What Girls Said 8

• Not really, @Red88xxx, I am not Seeing so much "Horror" as I am Noticing a Variety of Other Ones, hun, when I Go to the Movies.
    The Christmas Movies are Slowly coming Out at the moment. xx

0|1
    0|0
  • For people who don't get "too" scared maybe... they r exciting and fun. They get ur adrenaline pumping, and its fun to c what ideas they come up with to scare the audience. Some horror movies just suck cuz they are so unoriginal.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't think so. While I am a fan of most horror genres, I think drama and action films appeal to a broader range of audiences, so they might be more popular.

0|1
    0|0
  • I saw that lately have appeared a lot of horror movies. I wouldn't call them popular though. :)

0|1
    0|0
  • Well they're my fav so they get my vote 😂

0|1
    0|0
  • Really? I didn't think so! But I love horror movies anyways. So keep em coming

0|1
    0|0
  • Probably but I'm all horrored out. I just want a good movie now that ISN'T based on a true story.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't think so. But heck, they could be?

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 11

• I don't know if I'd call them the most popular, but I think that they have some of the best return on investment. If you look at their budgets vs. other movie types along with their box office returns, they return a much better multiple. What definitely helps is that horror movies always have (relatively) tiny budgets as they tend to use much cheaper actors. If I were a production company starting out and trying to stay afloat, I would probably go for a horror movie over a drama and definitely over action. Action movies seem like the fastest way to go broke.

1|1
    0|0
  • I have not been to see a new release movie in a few years and I have stopped following the news about new releases. So. . . I cannot answer the question.

0|1
    0|0
  • according to research from 1995 to 2016 it looks like the top 10 genres (based on revenue of films) is:
    comedy
    action
    adventure
    drama
    thriller/suspense
    rom-coms
    horror
    musical
    documentary
    black comedy

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't think so. Comedy and drama have got to be more popular.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm pretty certain that action movies are the thing now. Every box-office hit is action.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think the superhero genre is still going strong, look at how deadpool did.

0|1
    0|0
  • They seem to be more popular than in the past so yeah it looks that way

0|1
    0|0
  • Zombie movies seem to be the most popular.

0|1
    0|0
  • Its still superhero movies like it or not😌

0|1
    0|0
  • Nah it's pg-13 action adventures

0|0
    0|0
  • I dont think so but a lot are made because they sre so cheap to make.

0|1
    0|0