How do you comfort someone who's crying?

What Guys Said 12

• Close female friend, hold them and let them cry. Distant female friend hand them a tissue, and offer a hand, unknown female offer a tissue. Close guy friend ask if they are okay, and listen to their response "yes" means leave me alone so you do, "no" means help me figure out how to deal with this situation, distant guy friend same... guy stranger, ignore them unless they ask for help, then do what you can.

• Other them a tissue or something then try and help and found out why they are crying

• Be calm and friendly around them. Try to find out what you can do, asking them nicely generally works best :D

• Give her a hug if i know them : /, wait for the person to say the first words...

If it's a stranger, get closer to them and see how they react or what the say first.
    If nothing... i may start with a... what's up?

• Listening, hugging, tissues nearby, you transforming into a tissue

• Don't tell a story like: I have also been up to this... or : I can do it so you can also.
    Just start with that: what happened. Followed by; What can i do for you so you can feel better.

• yeah i do

• 20d

You do what?

• 20d

comfort anyone who's crying
      oh wait.
      i miss read the question, sorry. i started reading it from "do you" its because of my stupid dyslexia.
      well i feel very awkward in that situation, but i try to comfort them, last time my mother was crying because she had a fight with my father and i was comforting her by hugging her and i said dont worry, and i said positive things

• I don't.

• Give them a hug

• Listen to them, wrap your arms around them, just generally make sure they don't feel alone.

• make them cum

• 20d

You want me to make a family member cum?

• 20d

sometimes people need to cry to let it out

• 20d

Yeah I can try but we'll see how that works out

• Give them a chance to regain their composure, and then they'll probably tell you what happened

What Girls Said 10

• Because I absolutely HATE it when someone asks me if Im crying, I'll just silently hug them, and if they wanna talk we'll talk.

• you tackle them down to the ground and u tickle them till they laugh and fart and that is love u whisper I love u... and all better

• Showing understanding, hugging this person, trying to give them hope and support.

• Give them a hug and say that you'll be there if you want to talk.

• Sometimes, people who are crying just need a hug and have someone listen to them without you giving them your opinion on their circumstance.

• I usually hug them and let them cry it out as I whisper encouraging words to them.

• I hug them.

• Tough love always work

• just do what you would want someone to do when you're upset/crying

• i awkwardly poke them with my fingers