How do you cheer yourself up?

I have been feeling really down lately. It comes and goes. I try to keep myself busy as a distraction but sometimes when i am alone i feel really sad. Is there anyone that feels the same? How do you get over these feelings?

What Guys Said 24

• I personally play video games or break dance lol. But those still are temporary an at days end in left alone with my thoughts.

So it's really just identifying what it is that is bothering you or has you feeling down, and working towards attaining it, if it's a goal or an object.

Or if it's relationship related like someone left you, or didn't like you how you liked them. It's finding a way to accept the reality of your situation, and that's not easily done. It usually does take time and distractions over time.

Hopefully you find your way mate :) it can be tough but it's achievable.

Push come to shove misery loves its company haha, find someone as missersble as you are an share the misery and bond over it😛. Truly works.

• Play music that gets me dancing, drawing, watching my fav. Movie. lastly Talking to friends about what ever.

• Get out of the house and just being around people always does the trick for me, that and listening to music

• I have at times, I'll watch a comedy or action movie with comfort food

• Friends, capoeira, music, dancing, movies, ...

• 14d

had to google capoeira... lol it looks interesting!

• 13d

Where did you learn it?

• 13d

I saw them doing it on the street, they handed out flyers about where they trained. They hire gyms for the trainings

• You are wise beyond your age and still you say , you don't know how to cheer yourself up. If all efforts fail , just pray to God.

• Go outside, watch the sunset, play with a dog, get a hobby, make someone else laugh, eat a good meal, sleep in, jack off/get laid, take a walk/jog, hang out with a friend just do something you think you would like to do.

• Listening and playing music I like always works. But then again I'm passionate about music, but you might not be. So do something you are passionate about. Maybe just write down some ideas or whatever goes through your mind that makes you feel sad.

I felt little bit sad today so I searched something about it on a google and ended up here, been reading and trying to help others with their questions and problems. Works every time.

• 14d

yea it's interesting how people find this site. It has helped me in the past too.

• I usualy listen to music and read a book, play some video games or go to the gym or even a walk

• listen to music, work out, see friends etc.

• If there is a problem, try to face that problem and solve it. Running away or distracting oneself without 'facing the bull by its horn' will definitely not solve the problem.

If that problem can't be solved, try to let it go. Accept that this problem will be one part of your life. Accepting it is the key to release your self from the burden of that problem.

If you can't accept that problem and see it as unsolvable and choose to bind your self to its burden, seek professional help.

• 14d

Letting go is a challenge for me. But you are right, it is very necessary.

• You don't. You analyze the sh*t out of it until you come to a conclusion you're down for no logical reason.

• 14d

overthinking is usually what gets me this way... :/

• 14d

I'm not talking about overtinking, i'm talking about rational analysis. When i come to a conclusion it's for no logical reason i usualy snap out of it.

• 13d

Ohk yea I understand what you mean. I will try that

• I don't. What a waste of time.

• Souls, wank, Freelance Astronauts, etc.

• Blast some music for goodness sake.

• 14d

what music would you suggest?

• 14d

If i was girl i would listen to Lily Allen day 'n night. This way i'm just listening to her daily.

• 14d

she's cool. will give her music a listen. Thanks!

• hey, it seems that you may have depression. Speak to your doctor, answer all their questions truthfully and they can help.

• 14d

thanks for that. but i don't have depression. (this isn't denial, i promise!)

• well its definitely thinking positive and keeping a happy mind but you can't ignore your feelings take some time to yourself explore those thing but if insecurity is keeping you sad positivity and belief in yourself is the way to go

• Smoke some crack.

• I cheer myself up with Ciroc Vodka and kk

• Coffee, try to think positive, or tickle my self.

• knowing that I'm not ugly

• I either just cry or jerk off to some porn.

• i dont know how. that is exactly my problem

• 14d

maybe this thread will give you some ideas too

• 14d

i hope so because im lose in space when it comes to this

• Rent 5 hookers for the night

What Girls Said 11

• There was one time during my shift at Wendy's, I was working with a really difficult team. My depression was so out of wack that night that I didn't know whether to cry, scream, smile, or shake it off. I just didn't know what to feel, my emotions were stuck.

I come home, realizing I remembered I bought a DVD of Galaxy Quest. I had already seen the movie before, but I popped it in and it got me laughing that night. It did the trick. I was able to go to bed peacefully.

So, my tactic are comedy movies, video games, and exercising.

• Besides listening to music and dancing, I watch my favorite movie or show, read, journal, talk to a family member or friend. I eat frozen yogurt lol or volunteer sometimes too. I like helping others, it allows you stop thinking about yourself and what u have going on in your life for a little while and onto to being a blessing to others. :)

• Exercise. It really takes the stress out of my day and gives me something else to concentrate on. This season, there is also Christmas tunes. I was in such a foul mood today, but I did a little x-mas tunes car karaoke, and my spirit was lifted again.

• If I have a bad day I just crawl into bed, don't answer my phone and watch movies.
    I usually feel better after some "me time" haha.

• I used to draw and write poetry when I was younger. Music is my life and I love listening to progressive trance and house

• Bake

• I like to talk to people I like.

• Listen to to some good music helps me.

• 14d

anything you'd recommend? My playlist is kinda filled with really emo stuff atm

• Eating tons of crap

• Watch comedy movies or take a walk and meet new people!

• I've been having those days a lot lately... Usually, when I'm feeling some type a way, I go and listen to some music, watch YouTube or even draw when I'm feeling artistic. Or, you know, take a nap and reading a book also helps lol.