Why don't people ever sent together on a train?

I live in nyc and notice 80%of people would just stand up instend of sitting in a open spot next too someone else lol. Why is that? My reason is i hate people and really rather not talk too anyone on a train.

What Girls Said 4

• A) There might not be enough space to be comfortable. I don't like other people's thigh touching mine, and I don't like being squished between people.
    B) People smell bad
    C) Seats could be dirty. Lots of homeless people ride the subways very often and if you're wearing nice clothes or going somewhere, you don't want to end up with that smell clinging on your clothes, from rubbing all over the seat.
    D) They only have a few stops to go. No point in sitting if you're going to have to just get up anyways.

• 17d

Lol true true

• 17d

Or its just nature at work. Haha when I was in chem1 and we talked about electron shells and states and stuff and the professors way of explaining how subshells are filled by electrons. The electrons, like subway passengers, will sit in the empty seats before sitting next to an occupied seat.

• Because I don't like being squished in between people.
    And tbh, I don't really like talking for nothing.

• I'd rather stand far away then sit close to someone.

• Here's a fun one, next time you get on a train and it's nearly empty. Go sit down right next to someone on the train and watch their reaction.

• 17d

Now that shit sounds funny as hell

• 17d

Was it funny?

• 17d

Yeah its funny, but id be afraid of getting pepper sprayed or assaulted or seomthing like that... but for you, i say go for it lol

What Guys Said 3

• Lol like how Swedes wait for a bus.
    http://i.imgur.com/g2DQgr5.jpg

• Personal space.

• I don't sit next to people if they stink or look like they stink, or they are somewhat fat and take up half of the 2nd seat.

Saying that, sometimes its easier to stand if your stop is close by.