Do you like your name?

Do you like your name or do you wish your parents had named you something else?

What Girls Said 29

• I don't particularly have any feelings on my name, it's fine. I guess I like it more than I dislike it.

• Yeah, it's German and it means hope. But living in the U. S. people think it's something different, whether that be ghetto or beautiful. Most people think it's beautiful but a lot of them associate my name with the word nausea. If I lived in Germany my name would be as common as Hannah or Brittney is in the U. S..

• I've never really been fond of my name growing up. But at this point in my life I've learned to like it. With my name, people either love it or hate it, and I always get mixed reviews on it. When people like to criticize my name these days, yeah it makes me feel like I shouldn't like it much but I really don't care about their opinions anymore, and I love my name regardless of what anyone else thinks of it.

When I was younger I wanted my name to be Ashley, because that's what my parents were gonna name me. I'm over that now though, I can't see myself as an Ashley anyway.

• Nooo... :( not only beacuse it wasn't a white name (when you were a child you just wanted to fitt in) but it's a rare name where I'm from too. :( Other people have said that they like my name but having such a different name is not always much fun.

Fun fact about my name: I'm named after my uncles favourite tv-series character that died just before I was born (ノಠ益ಠ) ノ彡┻━┻

• I'm happy I don't have my middle name as a first name like my mother wanted.

I don't like either of my names but my first name is less bD than my middle:

• Well my name is Lucy and I kinda have a love hate relationship with my name so some days I wish it was different some days I don't. Because I always end up wondering doesn't really suit me, because of my personality and the way I like to express myself.

• Nope. Not at all

• I'm fine with it. 😊

• Yeah I like my name.
    Common…but its good.

• Yep very much.

• Yeah. I like my name. It's nice.

• I love my name. It's classic and pretty.

• I love it, it's unique

• I like it. It tends to be common though

• i like mine and seems natural to me, but some people think its weird.
    like a boys or last name .

• I love my name!!

• The way it's pronounced in English, yes.

• Yes, love it

• Of course.

• I like my name.

• Yeah, I do.

• Very much.

• I love my name and my last name

• I'm not called by my real name lol

• i hate my last name but til i get married, im stuck with it

• No. Can I have yours?

• I have a very unfortunate name. It's an old-fashioned German name.

• yup I do
    I like my name very much

• It's an old lady's name.

What Guys Said 17

• Absolutely. In fact, most of my life everyone called me Steve. When I took the time to look over my birth certificate word for word I was surprised to learn my birth name is Steven, not Steve.

Everyone now knows me as Steven with a few exceptions of long-time friends.

The reason I changed my name to match my birth certificate is when I die and am called home I do not want God to have to shout, "Hey you..." because I didn't respond when he called me Steven.

• I liked my birth name but changed it a few years after moving to the USA. It was too hard or confusing for some Americans to pronounce so I changed it to something more world-friendly.

• All my life I've been called by my surname, started a new job where people have started calling me by my first name. I must come across as so ignorant as I'm so not used to people calling me by that, so I accidently ignore when people call me by that lol

• I like it quite a bit ^^.

• It's aight

• It's okay, but I would have been happier with a different one

• YEah

• God yes i love it :D

• Nope

• Yup I like mine. 😎

• Yes, it's a beautiful name.

• I like my name however i prefer to be called chris rather than christopher.

• Yes i like it.

• I am content with my name.

• Yeah never had a problem with it lol

• I hate it, gonna legally change it

• i love when the girls call me lawwwwngggdik
    but my real names cool too