What would you do if you woke up next to a huge snake?

My son owns giant constrictors, and this morning i woke up to a 13 feet Burmese python. I thought i am dreaming for a while, and it took me a while to realize it was real, i started crying after that. What would you do?

Most Helpful Guy

• Hmm, if the snake as not aggressive and just lying next to me and not trying to hurt me, I'm sure I would be annoyed, and then I would be talking to my son about taking care of his pets/responsibilities. I don't have any particular ill feelings about snakes, however I don't really want to sleep with them either, I would be far more distressed with a big spider. I really don't like spiders or other large arachnids/insects etc.

What Guys Said 23

• I would look in the mirror and thank God for being alive.
    Then I would pull up my big girl socks put on my trooper boots and declare a new law in house.
    Because Keeper of the Snakes has been negligent in keeping the rest of us safe (no rebuttals allowed) all snakes shall now be transferred to some other keepers outside of this house, not even on these grounds.
    Law effective immediately, no excuses, no crying - even if one has to take a day off from school/work/whatever & make all that up later.
    THE END
    You are either with the law or against it = move out.
    THEN I would go back to the mirror and swear never to allow a brain more immature than my own to run my household EVER AGAIN

• I'M TIRED OF THESE MOTHERFUCKING SNAKES , IN THIS MOTHERFUCKING BED!
    Sit tight everybody , we gunna open some windows.

• Open my eyes wide open from the shock. Slowly roll over, slowly lift myself up, and walk away trying to remain calm so I don't scare it.

• Yeah get rid of the snake, its not a pet its a dangerous predator that can kill especially if there's young kids in the house

• 21d

Many people keep snakes as pets.

• 20d

1.) NONE of our snakes get that large, we keep males who don't get nearly as large as the females.

2.) You are basing your argument on minor occurrences, millions of people keep snakes, i kept snakes for over 20 years and nothing happens to anyone. Snakes can be very safe if you know what you are doing.

• 20d

Thats a 12ft python. People say they know what their doing until bad shit happens.

• Kill the fucker! I hate snakes and I'm pretty sure that one was sizing you up to see if it can eat you

• Not sure. It would be disturbing for sure. Probably would never sleep in that location ever again!! lol

• Calmly get up and ask your son to pick the snake up and put him back in his cage or whatever he's kept in usually.. Why don't you answer my questions? lol predator

• I would fear for my life...

• I'd slowly move away from it. Then I'd go call animal control.

• i'd be running away from it like a road runner

• Kill it. Seriously. That snake was measuring you up to see if you would fit in its stomach.

• 21d

It was not sizing me up, it's head was just close to mine so it freaked me out!

• 20d

I wold send my Amethystine Python on you, they know how to deal with Australians.

• I'd try to move away, if i'm cornered then i'd suffocate that snake.

• Shit my pants !

• Empty my.40 caliber into it

• I would pet the snake. Snakes are badass!!

• kill it I hate snakes just like Indiana Jones

• Roll away slowly, then run.

• are u scared?

• not move immediately and slowly move with sound

• If I was horny I would rap it around me and play with my self if I was not I would die

• That wasn't a snake, that was my dick.

• ride the snake

• I'd fuck it right in the pussy.

What Girls Said 8

• Pythons size up their prey before attempting to eat them. They usually do this by stretching their body out straight to try and measure it's prey according to it's body size.. If it's exhibiting any of this behavior, it needs to be sent to a professional reptile keeper.

I live in Australia, and there are stories all the time about children being eaten by pythons. Just a couple of years ago, two brothers were sleeping over at a friends house who's family kept reptiles. A python escaped and killed the two boys (they were around 5-6).

• i'd gtfo

• omg! I would scream

• I would be so scared, feel gross and so on. I would scream and start crying too

• Die on the spot.

• Beg him to put it away then kick his ass

• A few months back a snake strangled a baby to death while it lay sleeping in it's cot. It was the babies father's snake. That poor baby didn't have a chance to wake up with any reaction as it lay in it's " bed",

You should never put yourself in such a vulnerable position. You should be more responsible if you are keeping a snake as a pet. You shouldn't be in a position to wake up to find a snake near you. What if you woke up because you felt it tight around your throat. You wouldn't have a chance to cry then.

Dogs kill more people than snakes do cos more people have a dog as a domestic pet than a snake. Rarity isn't the issue... the potential is

• 21d

He thought of it as a joke, he was present all the time so nothing would happen to me.

• 21d

Im with you on this. A 12ft python is a dangerous predator.

• 21d

@Righttobeararms83

Yeah it certainly is.

I agree with your comment 101% too.

• If he is a kid I'd forbid him to have snakes. If he's an adult he isn't allowed to have snakes if he wants to live under my roof. He is free to move out and live with his snakes though.