Why can women have a preference for height, but men can't have a preference for a girl's number of partners?

I've just been scrolling through GaG and noticed this a lot. Every girl will say that height is a preference, and it's ok to have preferences. But as soon as a guy says he prefers girls with a low number, he gets called judgmental and insecure. Why the hypocrisy?

What Girls Said 33

• Dude, you can have whatever preferences you want. You can reject girls who can't flare their nostrils wide enough, for all we care.

__

But... it's cute that you think you're actually going to KNOW "a girl's number of partners".

It's even cuter when boys use these made-up rules, like "double her number and add 5 1/2" or whatever tf... and ALSO have a supposed preference based on the number!
    Lmao smh... yeah, basically just make up a number out of a blue sky, and then have a "preference" based on it. Real winner, there. 🙄

Also -- By having this sort of "preference", you're basically admitting that you can't read people well enough to determine their character... and so you have to resort to these "formulas".
    I mean -- Even if you DO think that having N number of partners shows some sort of character trait (which is **highly** debatable)... YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO READ THOSE CHARACTER TRAITS ALREADY, just through yr everyday actions with yr woman.
    In other words: Unless you are a complete social retard, her "number" won't -- and can't -- tell you anything you wouldn't already know from 15 minutes of interaction with her.

• 14d

well nothing to add to that

• 14d

@cchris987 I mean, I suppose we're all "educators", in some way or another.

• 14d

Have you always given long answer or do you only do it when responding to people on the Internet.

Also don't think less of yourself we are all equal so I can learn something from you just as much as I can learn from the smartest person on the planet.

• Because the obsession over a girl's number of partners comes from the sexist view that a girl loses something of value every time she has sex. And a girl who's had a lot of sex is "used" and "damaged goods" and "loose" and "immoral" when a guy who does the same is totally fine.

Personally, I don't agree with the girls who have strict height preferences either. As long as there is attraction there, don't obsess over one specific thing; height has nothing to do with a guy's personality and character (which are the important things after all).

Anyway, hope I helped!

• What are you talking about? Of course guys can have a preference for a girl with a low number.

Just the same girls can like a guy's height, or a guy can like strictly girls with DD tits. It's all preference, you can have whatever preference you desire just as people can have OPINIONS about those preferences.

Welcome to LIFE.

• Okay those two things are completely different. If a woman has a height preference then compare that to a man having a height preference. If a woman has a preference for # of partners then compare that to a man having a preference for # of partners. Don't just take two completely different things that have absolutely nothing to do with each other and try to make connections where none lie. Also people are individuals. One woman or man's preference isn't going to be the same for the next person. Comparing preferences only makes sense if two specific people are dating and it involves the same topic.

• Again, all it is with that is shallow people asking such questions. Everybody is entitled to preference. But the reality is, once you meet and learn to grow and love that person, all that shallow crap is not going to matter.

• 13d

You're sadly mistaken.

• 13d

@BoloHaggis

How so? As long as you keep believing the way you believe you won't change for the better. You can't assume all women is the same. Change the mentality and learn to grow. As I said everybody is entitled to preference.

• You can technically have a preference for whatever you want. But what you're comparing is apples and oranges.

• Men can have preferences about women's height too, as well as boob size, butt fullness, a defined waist, age, and number to sexual partners. Just like women can have preferences about height, muscle build, age, and sexual partners also.

I think men's sexual partners have been desensitized over the generations whereas women's sexual partners is still very much alive. There are still guys out there who want virgins and will shame women who have had sex outside of marriage whereas women may have the same opinion but, be judged for wanting the same thing.

• Well this doesn't apply to all women because i think it's perfectly fine to want to date a girl who hasn't been with too many people, just do you. People want to make everything acceptable nowadays, they make it out to be totally wrong to have standards, sorry but no one has to be guilted for not wanting to date a slut :P

• 14d

It's one thing to be open minded, but its another to be so open minded that their brain turns to mush and they crap on people who don't think like them.

• 14d

The phrase is, "so open minded that your brain falls out."

• 14d

@Intraluminal that works too lol

• I does not bother me how many girls a guy has slept with. Actually, I think the more the better! Practice makes perfect in terms of the sexual experience of the guy. I like to know that he has experienced lots of girls. HOWEVER. If he hasn't had many girlfriends that can be a problem. I'd also like to know he has regular STI checks too. Height means nothing to me. I think it really depends on the the person - some girls really care about how tall a guy is and how many girls he has been with and some guys care about that stuff too. But the awesome people really do now give a fuck... just sayin.

• You can have any preference you like.

However, height is a physical trait. The comparison for that would be a physical trait of the other person. "I prefer curvier women", "I prefer thin women", "I prefer long legs on a woman", "I prefer small boobs" etc. etc.

• You can have any preferences you like... but are you really trying to compare these 2 things? These are on opposite ends of the spectrum. Height vs number of partners some has slept with? This is a tough comparison...

• 14d

Well one of them you control, the other you're born with

• I like it when guys have a preference for a girl's number of partners lol...
    I prefer being with a promiscuous man who wants a virgin over a virgin who doesn't care either way :p

Of course I'm talking on a personal level. I know it's hypocritical for a promiscuous man to prefer a virgin but it attracts me for many reasons and I won't go in details here.
    Either way, my preference for a guy is virginity or a low number.

• Most girls want a guy who is taller than them because it makes them feel more secure. I would fall into this category, but I'm only 5 feet tall and haven't en

• 14d

encountered a problem with finding people taller than me.

Girls with a high partner count want to blame you for having standards because it is the girl's fault she no longer meets them. Immature girls don't like taking responsibility for their actions, and sleeping around is your action. All women want to be desired, but a girl who knowingly throws away something to be desired for and is immature would rather blame you for it to make you feel worse because of how bad it makes them feel.

This is the same with fat acceptance. Fat people would rather blame you for prefering people to be healthy rather than become healthy themselves. It's an I'll-drag-you-down-so-i-feel-better-about-myself mentally

• You can have an opinion about anything you want.

• Don't worry, we prefer guys with low numbers too.

• Your actually right. A guy can have a preference for someone with a low body count and female can have a height preference. Its all the same shit anyways

• Holy generalizations. I've never had a height preference so no, not "every girl" will say that.

• i get what you mean here and i agree

• Why can't men have a preference for a girl's number of partners? Surely you can! I'd prefer a guy who prefers girls with low numbers. Haha!

• Those are not comparable. You can't change your height, it just is. Your number of sexual partners is entirely under your control, it's a choice.

• 14d

No it's not😂

Not for guys anyway. Only a few dudes can be sluts. Being unnatractive (sometimes due to height for a man) is not a choice either. The only way this is wrong is if I throw prostitutes into the mix. They are the only way all men can have the CHOICE of being a slut.

• 14d

@Scrambledagain So it is under your control.

And I'm not convinced by your argument. It just sounds like something insecure guys who can't get sex say all the time (and to be clear, I'm not suggesting this is your case).

• 14d

Yeah through prostitutes men have control. Many men can't get sex and the existence of the prostitute industry is living proof of this.

• That doesn't equal the same thing.

• 13d

That's my point. One of them you get to choose, and the other you don't. But it's totally fine for women to have height preferences but they get all pissy when guys have partner preferences

• 13d

Wouldn't you get pissy if girls also have number preferences?

• 13d

No, not at all

• That is not the same thing as wanting a virgin and calling girls sluts.

• You can have any preference you want. Don't let anyone tell you different

• Because hight is a physical requirement while number of partners is a sexual requirement that is outdated.

• It's ironic. Contradictory to what you "should" have, I had no preset expectations or list when I first met my boy yet I found the best man I've met. period.

• You can have a preference for a girl's number of partners

• I think because height is a physical feature and number of partners is an action. It's ok to have physical preferences because that's what we are attracted to. Women are allowed to have as many partners as they want. Same as men.

• 13d

So you're saying that we can't be attracted to actions? That's bull shit

• 13d

The it's ok to have preferences based on action. If you're allowed to have preferences based on physicality because that's what you're attracted to, then I should have preferences based on action because that's what I'm attracted to.

• 13d

*then

• We're all entitled to our preferences. Also, men have 10001 preferences, so yeah, we can prefer whatever we'd like. Also, most women don't care about the number of sexual partners a guy has, why is it different when it comes to us?

• Well I agree with you only because I don't want a male partner to have have had multiple relationships/sexual interactions (I couldn't tell, what you were specifically asking) with other girls and vice versa for you. It sounds more like a trust and intimacy things rather than a simple physical preference. Just so you know my stand point I don't think anyone should sleep around and be praised or shamed for it but if you do hey, that's you. In addition, I dont think it would make a guy insecure and judgmental because I feel like you give more and more parts of yourself that you can never get back by doing so. However, I don't think it's hypocrisy just because I don't think those compare. Feel free to disagree, thank you for your time. ☺

• 13d

Everyone has their own cup of tea and maybe it'd be good to try some new ones.

• those numbers can bring up a past in which the girls are very insecure about and some mistakes they make, a number of people youve slept with doest define you, but then again neither does a hight...

• More from Girls
    3

What Guys Said 26

• Both are OK. They can have a preferences for anything they want.

"Why the hypocrisy? "
    A group of people can never be hypocritical.
    Height and preference for # of partners are two different things, so that can't be hypocritical either.

If I have a preference for dark hair, and another guy has a preference for blonde hair, that doesn't make our group of two hypocritical. Everyone, without exception, has preferences. They are not all going to be the same.

• Two reasons.

First reason. No one cares if you prefer women with specific numbers of sexual encounters. It's when you interject some moral values into it that people consider you an insecure dick. The problem is course, if it's not because you're insecure then why?

Second reason. It's a difference that is solely dependent upon your information. One look at a tall guy and you know he's not short and one look at a short guy tells you he's not tall. Looking at a girl with or without experience, they look the same, so the two *preferences* are not equal.

They are not preferences based on attraction, but or intellectual decisions. Physical attraction is based on uncontrollable basic biological programming. Intellectual decisions are based on indoctrination or feelings of inferiority that can be overcome.

• People usually only get mad when they don't fit those standards.

- Short guys get mad when girls say they like tall guys (I'm a short arse by the way, but don't give a shit)
    - Skinny guys get mad when girls say they like muscular guys
    - Poor guys get mad when women say they want a man who earns good money
    - Overweight girls get mad when guys say they like slim girls
    - And sluts get mad when guys say they don't like girls with high numbers

Of course those are generalisations, before some idiot comes and states the obvious "not all are like that only some". But you get the idea. The only people who don't like it are the people you don't want, so it doesn't matter.

• Hypocrisy, with these new wave of women, many thing they can tell a man what they're allowed to like and what they aren't. Like the ones that say a man shouldn't care about how much a woman weighs... you know, you gotta love all those 400 pounds of fat whether you like it or not.

xD

• I know right!

And if you are resjected based on sexual history, as least it was something that you had control over, vs height or looks which you don't.

Another one is salary. Women generally prefer the man to earn more money, but if a guy prefers a woman with the same or fewer partners then they get bitchy about it.

• Good question. I think a woman's preference of height is similar to a man's preference of weight. Weight is changeable but height is genetic. Do you want to know why they get offended when guys ask about a girl's partners? Because they know they aren't relationship material and do not want to be exposed like the slut they are. I think some men and women need to think with their heads and not their genitalia. Sluts (men and women) who can't control themselves is a red flag in my eye. Sluts are certainly not relationship material and its proven with scientific research. Their cab ability to bond diminishes after each partner. I personally don't care if you make the choice to be celibate or a slut because it's your life. There is a lot of hypocrisy and I think it needs to be handled.

• So.. here is the thing. Anybody can have any preference in their partner that they like. It doesn't matter how superficial, how ludicrous, or how impossible their criteria are for picking a partner. SO when you say why can men have this preference and women can have that preference, the answer is men and women can have any preference they damn well please.

• Good question. People can't control their height, however they can control whether or not they have many sexual encounters.

So perhaps having a preference for height is even more cruel, since men cannot control their height but woman can control how many dudes they have sex with.

To each their own. I don't really care about either.

• Everyone is allowed to have whatever fucking preferences they want, those preferences are a good indication of what a person is like.

Like if I hear a girl say that I only date guys who are over 6'0 I'll know that she is a shallow person.

• Its okay for women to have height preference but soon as I have a preference for women's breast size and weight am considered shallow jerk

• You can have whatever preferences you want to have... If someone doesn't match your expectation just say no and walk away... They might hate you, but you have to have your own priciples and stick to them.

• I think you mean height and weight preference. Bedpartners and height are apples and broccoli. You better can compare girls height preference and guys weight preference or something else because height is body related and you can not do anything about it. Bedpartners is something you can abort or extend and has no direct link to the body (i know about penis entering but i don't mean like this).

• Because... feelings lol. You are attracted to who your attracted too. I know a right few feminist women who over looked feminist supporting guys for very traditional maybe even sexist men, now they should have gotten with the feminist guys

• No one is stopping you from having any preferance you want... why do you even care anon's on the internet think?

• Because girls want their cake and to eat it too. You're trying to talk sense to a bunch over oversexed brats. Lol

• well I've noticed this with physical traits. Height can not be changed. Weight, sexual partners and other things can be. I like girls on the thinner side and have been judged by women for it.

• 13d

Maybe because they see it as unfair that they don't fit within a criteria that may be something minor for them but huge for you. Not just girls but guys as well. In all honestly I just think you shouldn't list out what you don't like and and list what you do like just so you don't shut out people that could make a great impact on your life. Although preferences matter (to some, not all), 40% of people weren't initially attracted to their partner.

• I don't think those are exactly corollary.

• You can. Some just get moody about it cause they be playing footsies a little too much

• Everyone can have whatever preference he likes. That includes stuff like not dating black people.
    The problem with this is that you're comparing two diferent things. You can't control your height, but you can control how many people you sleep with.

• I want girls to sleep with more guys so she has more experience when we fuck

• How is that the same thing? Height preferences are equivalent to height preferences.

• lmao how is height similar to number of partners... you can say i like curvy girls more than thin girls now that's a preference or i like tall girls and not short girls... but number of partners ain't a preference homie

• You can. They are just hypocrites trying to get their way.

• Nobody stops you from engaging in a wild goose chase and end up with an asexual gold digger.

• Only virgin women say that