Would you assist someone with their suicide for 2000$?

If someone had decided to end it but they want someone there just in case they fail and end up paralyzed or something, and they offered you 2000$ would you do it? They're going to do it anyway, and all you have to do is finish them off if it doesn't go well.

• Yeah, they're gonna die anyway, give me that money
  • No, couldn't live with the guilt
  • Maybe

What Girls Said 9

• No! Who would want anything to do with someone's suicide? You'd have to live with that for the rest of your life! Have fun with that.
    Plus, only $2000? That's nothing for a death of another human. Either way, no.

• 14d

They'll do it anyway though, so it's just about how much you need to make the guilt worth it, and since it's what they wanted you shouldn't feel too guilty

• 14d

I don't want to be involved whatsoever

• 14d

Fair enough

• I would try to help them in changing decision for free.

• No, I could never do something like that. I know I would live with the guilt, even though the person wanted to put an end to their life.
    No money could make me feel good about this.

• Heck, no.

• No, but maybe for $2000...

• No I could never do it.

• Golden girls!:(

• No way

• Nope.

What Guys Said 11

• $2000 to drive them straight to the hospital to get some anti-depressants and psychologist. I'd defiantly do that. I was suicidal for a few years of my life, I wanted help not a final answer. Those that go through with it tend to signal for help but never get the attention they are searching for. They have completely given up on themselves and need people to show them a reason to keep going (only thing keeping me going was the pain it would cause my family). The people who jump off bridges and survive report that they instantly regret the decision to jump when their feet leave the ground.

Suicide is not a rational thought process. They need help.

• 13d

I think it's rational. People who want to live are blinded by their natural will to survive and see death as a bad thing. But if you're dead you never have to work or study or do anything, you'll never feel stress or pain or anything. Sure you miss out on all the good too, but you'll never miss it. You'll never regret it.
      Having said that, if you can cope another day, you should probably keep living another day cause there's always a tiny chance that there's some sort of afterlife, and you wouldn't want that (though even if there was, it may not be as bad as life on earth)

• Assisting suicide will get ur ass thrown in jail

• 14d

You won't get caught. It'll be planned

• 13d

Just saying - but just because something is planned, doesn't mean you won't get caught

• 13d

We're not talking about a bank robbery here. You're just watching someone hang themselves or whatever. There's no way you'd get "caught" (quotations cause it's not even something bad) unless you did something stupid

• I'd have no moral problem with it but I wouldn't do it because I don't want to end my life in jail.

• 13d

You won't go to jail cause it'll be planned. Just don't leave evidence

• 13d

Emetics are added to some meds, preventing an OD. Throw yourself under a train and your family will get a scary bill.
      DIY euthanasia is not impossible of course but problematic.

• 13d

He just goes somewhere where nobody goes and hangs himself, you go along with him and make sure it goes well. He will be dead so he doesn't care what happens afterwards, and nobody will know you had anything to do with it

• Sure.

• Absolutely not.

• I wouldn't... That's a no go zone for me.

• Nah I don't want to go to jail

• 14d

It would be planned, you wouldn't go to jail

• 14d

Still not really worth the risk of even attempting it in my view

• 14d

Fair enough, you're not obligated to help the guy

• Easiest $2000 I will ever make

• Lol id go to jail if im caught.

• If it was legal I would kill them myself.

• Nope but I would take his 2 grand give him some anastasia then dump him off at a mental hospital and never look back