My boyfriend can't come for Thanksgiving I'm sad and not sure I can handle his job?

My boyfriend is in the police. I'm starting to have doubts if I can handle this. He was on day shift and had off Friday and Saturday and I was ok witn that. Then they switched him to evening shift so he works over night. He wasn't happy and he knows I don't like it so witnin a few months he can probably switch back. But now they asked him to work Thanksgiving day too in addition to his evenings and he was supposed to come to my
family. I am sad and I don't know if I can handle dating someone who will be away for holidays and such. I'm having doubts. Has anyone been through this?

i definitely would not marry him while he is working evenings. I don't want to come home to an empty bed. May as well be single then.

What Guys Said 5

• Learn to deal with it because this is becoming increasingly common. Having a husband who never works evenings or weekends is like having Prince Charming.

• 16d

His shift is overnight. It's not just like work till 8 PM type thing.

• 16d

Are you a cop?

• 16d

Nope. An avionics systems engineer... who has to work on a 24/7 schedule. While you're eating turkey on Thursday, I'll be flying a virtual 787-10 making sure its forward cargo air conditioning system functions properly.

• Break up

• Probably shouldn't date the police. Risky

• marry me, I would fill your bed with much love and sex. You will be bored by me because I want to have sex every day though

• End the relationship now before putting yourself through this heartache 😢

What Girls Said 2

• It takes a lot understanding and confidence to be a services/military wife. If you don't think you're cut out for a relationship where you will sometimes be on your own or where plans will change at the last minute then it's better to end it before too much time and emotion is invested.
    There is nothing wrong with having needs around your partners time - it's just a matter of finding someone who can meet those needs

• :( you should tell him how you feel about it and if really necessary end things if its making things difficult between you 2