Does the moon effect fishing?

For those who go fishing have you noticed if the moon effects fishing eg do you think around the full moon is bad to fish?

14

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, i think this is the first fishing question I've seen on here. Seems like there might be better places to ask this. But i believe I've seen fishermen using lunar calendars to determine best times to fish.

• Lol I was just randomly asking without expecting much

• Well good, im thrilled that i could meet your expectations!

Most Helpful Guy

• I find weather patterns and temperature have a much bigger effect. I don't really track moon patterns to fishing conditions. Fishing is my job so I think I would've noticed if it were a significant factor.

• Habe you not noticed anything difference with lunar patterns? So you think they bite less during cold spells?

• No not really. Any significant weather change will (usually) slow down the bite - heat, cold, storms

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Guys Said 3

• I'm starting to think it affects everything... so maybe

• A full moon if a full fun of time and no moon is no fun at all

• No problem. ;)