WTF IS MILK BAD?

so what on earth? I've been drinking milk all my life... and suddently people saying milk is bad
wtf? how is milk bad? i thought it was healthy? jeez

What Girls Said 16

• Some people are lactose intolerant so they never even try it because they blow up if they do. Others are not, but milk has a lot of protein we were NOT meant to digest. This causes deterioration of many tissues in your body because you're literally ingesting a substance your body has no way of dealing with.

Also milk actually CAUSES osteoporosis instead of making your bones healthy, because it creates an acidic environment which makes your body draw calcium out of your bones making them weaker, in order to stabilize the acidity.

Then there is modern way of feeding cows (not grass but grain they are not meant to eat) and giving them antibiotics and hormones to make them fat quicker. You're ingesting a pharmaceutical cocktail in your glass of milk.

Cherry on the cake is of course the natural hormones a pregnant cow excretes which not only give you man boobs, but in many case infertility and cancer (for both genders).

For more information, listen to this guy who actually did a lot of research on it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlSCm16fLzs

• 15d

nahh bruv the video is too long but anyways i love my mik and ill keep drinking it! ill keep in mind only lactose people hate milk

• 15d

I have very long, light brown hair. Normally it falls out after every wash because it is supposed to do so naturally. And it always looks like quite a bit because each strand is very long.
      But for me, I had handfuls of hair each wash and it started to freak me out in my teen years. I knew it was abnormal. That's when I started googling it and stumbled onto information about nutrition. Turns out a whole bunch of people stopped hair loss by changing their diet and the most popular response was: try taking out the milk.

It worked.

• 15d

ok time to do some research about hair loss

• Well milk is great, if you're a baby cow. But you're not. In fact you're probably not even 1/5 of the weight of a baby cow. So for someone your weight you're hormones and nutrients in dose way too high.
    I think it's funny when peopple get worried about the estrogen like substances in soy but give no second though to the actual estrogen in milk. The biggest sources dietary estrogen is dairy.
    And as if milk isn't enough we go and process it more into butter, cheese or cream.

And the hormones aside, milk you buy is already high processed to the point that I wouldn't count it as whole food. Pasteurizing I think is harmless, it's just heating it up, but we need to do that because otherwise milk might make us sick.
    My grandma used to tell me that cream was what you got when the fat in milk rises to the top. Well they don't make them like that anymore. I've never in my life had milk that wasn't homogenised. Homogenization is breaking down changing the structure of the chemicals in milk to prevent milk from separating. In my opinion you shouldn't be able to call it milk when the chemcial structure is different from... well... milk

• 15d

aight man! so far 50/50! but i love my milk :(

• 15d

well you know it's not really matter of opinion.
      It remains true even if you don't want to believe it

• 15d

oh plssss

• Cow milk is unhealthy. The same is with soy milk as soy messes up with the function of your thyroid. However, there are people who are also lactose intolerant and cannot break down the protein that makes the sugars in the milk itself because lack the protein in their DNA to filter it.

• I don't care what people say. I will keep drinking it. Also it's basically impossible to stay away from milk or any dairy because I'm Dutch.

• Whatever you heard it isn't true. A lot of things can become a rumor and make people believe it's true. Milk is good for you. It makes your bones stronger, and keeps your teeth stronger as well. You can't believe what everyone says

• yes milk is healthy, but as of now in my opinion its bad, bc some research says how cows aren't eating right anymore due to the environment. I've been drinking almond milk for the past 3 years as a substitute.

• it's not bad. when you're a kid it really helps you out. however, according to research, when you are an adult it can actually break down your bones as opposed to making them stronger. so you aren't really supposed to drink it as an adult.

• That's completely subjective don't listen to those hooligans. Unless they are vegans then milk shouldn't be bad.

• It's not "bad" but humans are the only weirdos in the animal kingdom who not only continue to drink milk into adulthood, but also milk from other animals.

• Moderation is fine. If you are lactose intolerant, then dairy milk isn't good.

• It's both healthy and unhealthy. Drinking it every day is too much, but regular intake is good for you.

• Milk is gross unless it's with cookies, cake or cereal.

• Well it has fat in it but milk strengthens your bones.

• Just has fat. It's fine. Everything in moderation and there's nothing yiu need to ban yourself from.

• 15d

i need fat in me tbh! im hella skinny bruv

• So let's say you know a person who has cysts on their faces right and there is bus inside those cysts. You follow? So then they drain that area where this is cysts so that means pus will be coming out as well as blood and all that good stuff. A cows utters become inflamed and have sores and cysts due to the milking process and guess what comes with that lovely cows milk you drink? That's right pus fairy is 80% pus with antibiotics in it so people want sue that multibillion dollar company.

• It must be healthy. I love milk! I can't live without it. The grass that cows eat can make it toxic or something. I am not sure why people started saying it's not healthy but it is surely healthier than many other things

• 15d

agreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

What Guys Said 16

• Milk is not bad. Don't listen to people that don't know.
    I've been drinking whole milk in large quantities since I was a kid and never had a problem, and my aunt who's a doctor, says there's no reason I should stop.

• I mean, I'm not an expert on this. I'm just going off my crude memory from things I read many years ago, so you can look into these yourself. Plus I'm not a scientist, as will become apparent. But there's a few arguments, to my knowledge.
    1. The scientific community/health industry, has been touting the notion that human bones can only be healthful through eating a product which is designed for a *baby* calf of another species. Which is just ludicrous, obviously.
    2. Apparently, the body cannot simply process all that calcium, therefore, it gets stored in the soft tissues. With deleterious consequences on health. Not withstanding the need for sufficient vitamin D.
    3. Apparently again, Westerners have fairly abysmal bone health by international standards, with sky high rates of osteoporosis.
    The average Westerner is about done in terms of health by the age of 60, which is downrate pathetic, in my opinion. Most of this is probably more to do with poor diet, outlook and lifestyle in general, in my view.
    4. They do some pretty fucked up shit in order to homogenise it and pasteurise it if I remember correctly, which probably makes it indigestible. Read up that process, it doesn't make pleasant viewing.

Personally, and highly subjectively, I wouldn't eat dairy more than twice a week. Excesses of animal products in general, not to mention highly sweet and processed foods on the other side, are likely the main causes of awful 'Western' health.

• 15d

It should also be noted, again off memory, the hormones in cow milk are for baby calves, which grow at roughly 8 times the rate of human children.

• 15d

Rudolf Steiner, the anthroposophist, suggests milk is good for you.

Look, humans are omnivorous and adaptable. I suggest eating what you're inclined towards. Just don't go crazy with certain foods. Even fruits in excess are bad for you. Base your diet on whole grains and vegetables.

The other thing I wanted to say, is it depends how you eat it too, in terms of food combinations. Some people suggest eating it alone or without too many foods at once. You shouldn't eat too many foods and overstimulate your palette in a meal, anyway. I wouldn't eat it with meat, for example. It's said to curdle around it and make digestion more difficult. Again, read stuff for yourself. Just going off things I've read!

• 15d

i only drink milk in the morning when i eat eggs

• The anti-milk stuff is mostly coming from self righteous vegans. Ignore them and drink milk if you want to.

In general watch out for any health hysteria. These things come up all the time. If there is actually anything to it, eventually there will be some changes made. If you react to every little health claim you won't be able to live out of fear that something might be bad for you. That's paranoia.

The vast majority of claims about this or that being bad for you are either greatly exaggerated, or downright wrong. The very few things that are legit eventually come to the surface and something is changed.

• Are you a cow?

Why would you think that drinking bovine growth serum whose only purpose is to make a baby cow gain (literally) a ton of weight as quickly as possible be healthy in a human?

• Humans drink cows milk, its not really supposed to do that, but its not quite bad for you.
    It really can be very good for you

• Yes, Milk is suppose to do the body good.

• we are basically abducting and putting cows in concentration camps to use them in eugenics programs where we breed cows to become ubermensch cows for superior milk.

we are fucking milk Nazis.

but yeah milk is healthy though.

• Theyve been saying milk is bad for basically my whole life lol
    Im 24
    Well not that its bad just that its bot healthy
    I don't know i made the change to almond milk and love it
    Tho i still use milk for cooking... almonds aren't the same...

• Well milk is meant only for baby animals but as you say we been drinking it for years.

• If ya think about it.. everything is bad for you, just give it time. Then (whoever) will retract the statement and everything will be peachy.

I wouldn't worry about it.

• Yeah thats the gatorade company commissioning research on its competitors, water is next

• lol who told you milk is bad? lactose intolerant people?

• 15d

just people.. but fuck them anyways

• Dont always believe what you're reading.

• I drink milk everyday, multiple times...

• Milk will kill you

• lmao people are cray milk is healthy asf