Is it normal for people to get paralyzed with fear?

I am so paralyzed with fear, I can't even move forward.

As in, the thought of opening my laptop, or opening my files and just confronting reality, the fact that I am unemployed and depressed. I don't even know how to deal with it.

What Guys Said 6

• Fear is normal. This 31yo shaved headed kung fu master gets scared too. But then you know deep down yourself, your only option is to face it head on, and become stronger in the process :)

by the way, don't sweat the depressed and unemployed thing. It's normal too. It doesn't make you a monster!

• That's not really being paralysed with fear. That's procrastination and being unable to face the facts.

Being paralysed with fear is being confronted with a gun in your face/train coming towards you/grizzly bear.

• No, it isn't normal.

• Not, it is not normal. And it is a massive mental weakness you should work on.

• Is it normal? Oh my yes it is.

However, doing nothing in the end makes it worse.

• 18d

So true. Time just goes by. Sometimes it's easier to just curl up in bed and pretend time is at a standstill. The reality is, that it's not. Not in the least

• I guess

What Girls Said 2

• Your time will come soon. It takes time to find a job especially with so many people going to college now than ever before. Its very competitive. Thats why when you go on interviews, you have to give it your best and keep trying. I wouldn't be depressed about it, it will come.

• I don't think it's normal, because if you do when you're in danger, you'll probably just die