Eugenia Cooney: Do You Think This You-Tuber Should Be Banned From YouTube?

Eugenia Cooney, as I already stated, is a You-Tuber. I am not very clear on what type of content she does have on her channel, but I am aware that most of them are based around fashion, and other random videos, however, within the last few months, there has been a uprear around this You-Tuber. Eugenia is being accused of having anorexia! And I agree with those people who have came to this claim. If you see the photo below, you can see that this young woman has a ill/sick appearance, skinny body, and a bony frame. Due to this, much younger fans of her are aiming to look just like her. Such as starving them themselves to have the same appearance and body type as Eugenia. This has been brought to her attention, but Eugenia doesn't seem to care. In fact, I believe she even encouraged/praised a fan for being as thin as she is.
Overall, do you think that this You-Tuber should be banned for encouraging young children to take part in anorexia? I highly recommend going to OnisionSpeaks on YouTube if you want to learn more about this situation. I explained this quite poorly.

• Yes, ban her!
  • No, don't!

What Guys Said 11

• Yeah. I've seen her on YouTube. She claims she doesn't have anorexia. She also has a devout following that doesn't care. But, I think it's a bit authoritarian to go around banning people from the internet for having illnesses of the mind.

I would have to see where she encouraged it. But at the same time, she's a performer. It's not her responsibility to raise children. That's a parents job. And the parents should be making e their kids aren't watching shit they shouldn't be watching. It's the same as music. Blaming Marilyn Manson for Columbine. "Well, they listened to your music." Nanananana, fuck off. That's on the parents. Not Marilyn Manson. Likewise, you can't shut down freedom of speech just because you don't like what someone is saying. Fuck that.

Onion is a ridiculous fagg. And no, I don't mean gay. Refer to South Park to tell the difference between faggot and faggot. He's an idiot. He's just charismatic. That doesn't mean he's smart or knows literally anything about anything.

• If she was promoting anorexia as a lifestyle choice then yes, she should be banned. That would be akin to promoting suicide.

If she is not in any way promoting anorexia then she shouldn't be victimised for her situation. She has a right to be seen and heard just as anyone else has. It is not her fault that people would aspire to be like her unless she is actively encouraging them to do so.

• Are you kidding me? We have multiple OBESE women telling people it's ok to be that fat. We have overweight women in magazine covers trying to make fat "sexy". We basically have all these fat women glorifying obesity, and it seems to be ok and "empowering", but since this one is anorexic (the opposite), now people are outraged?
    Sure, she shouldn't encouraged people to be that thin, but come on, at least try to be more subtle with the hypocrisy.

• Why is everyone on this site obsessed with this hoe and banning her? I've literally never heard of this bitch until I joined here

• 11d

ahahhaha this made me crack up. She's a popular You-tuber whom people are concerned about because she won't admit to being anorexic. Or having some sort of a eating disorder. They also think that she's a bad influence on girls.. ya know body image and all. dats it

• 11d

Yeah, that's pretty much the whole story. 😂

• Of course not. If you can't ban somebody for being a sociopath (you cannot) you can't ban someone for having an ED. People with ED are harming themselves. Sociopaths are harming others.

• @1975Chocolate you advocate that someone should be banned, because you disagree with them.
    Just a wild guess, but would you be a 'liberal'?
    You appear to want to use corporate and/or state power to impose your will upon others, to the point that you want to micromanage their lives.
    Perhaps you would be happier if you moved to North Korea. You would fit in.

• 11d

I never agreed that she should be banned. I agreed that she is does have anorexia, however, I do think it is rather disgusting that young children are starving themselves to look like her.

• should people who make content about excessive drinking be banned? Should channels that promote excessive eating be banned? where does the censorship end?

• Free speech

• I don't see a reason to ban her.

• Would you ban an obese youtuber for being obese?

• You know how hard it is to build a platform
    Why destroy her empire
    People need to use their brain and think
    Be a leader not a follower
    No, don't!

What Girls Said 4

• There are tons of obese youtubers. Would you ban them so they can get to a healthy weight?
    I say she shouldn't be banned, but she needs to make the choice to go into treatment. If she gets banned, she will still be anorexic. That won't change anything.

• She needs help, and I'm not sure if banning her is going to solve anything.

• Why her though? Are they banning hoes for teaching little 8 year olds to twerk? Are the shutting down stores that sell bikinis, padded bikinis, little booty shorts etc in little 7 year old sizes?

For real, there are a billion disgusting and unhealthy things they promote to kids, from billion dollar companies or celebs, but notice how nobody is saying anything about them. I don't agree with this girl, but it reminds me of the middle earner who didn't pay his taxes and they're coming down on him instead of the millionaire who didn't pay his. It's never the bigger ones.

• I don't think banning someone for how they look, even if they have an eating disorder, is right.