Do you ever pretend to mess with your phone when around other people so you don't look like a loser?

Pretending like you are important or busy.

Most Helpful Girl

• Meh sometimes.. Usually in a crowded room with nowhere to look because all angles have people blocking you from seeing anything. So I usually whip it out and start playing a game or do something productive that I've been putting off

What Girls Said 18

• I just scroll through something or play music. I try to keep myself occupied so I don't feel uncomfortable and look odd. It's funny though, we're always so worried about how we look to other people but chances are no one is taking notice of us.

• I used to but now not anymore.
    Unless I am in a crowded place, like train, and I can't look out the window without ending up staring at someone else, then I would either fix my gaze on the floor or try to find something on my phone, like read an article, read old convo etc

• Quite the opposite. I'm well known for having headphones on to tune people out.

My beats are wireless so my iPhone is usually at the bottom of my back pack. But I'd rather people think I'm a loser if it'll stop them from talking to me.

• Nope, if im messing with my phone while im around other people it means im bored out of my skull and im just trying to be polite by sticking in there, but all i really wanna do is gtfo.

• Yes lol

• nope i don't

• I do that passing by stands in the mall, so they don't try to jump out and sell me things. XD

• Like playing Pokemon Go?
    Nowadays I feel it's the opposite, no matter how people want to look like.

• I know people who do this but I never do. I do play with my phone if I have nothing else to do cause I feel bad when I do absolutely nothing.

• No because I'm always busy lol

I do look at it to keep people from talking to me though. 🙈

• All the time 😂🌝

• No I don't have to.

• yep absolutely!

• No, I actually mess around on my phone. No need to pretend, I can always text or snapchat people.

• Yep most of the times I'm just playing playing candy crush or some other game lol

• Yes I've did that a few times 🙈

• Sometimes, when I'm in a bad mood and I see people that I know, I just pretend to talk on the phone.

• Yes! If I have nothing to say and things get awkward, I definitely do this

What Guys Said 4

• Yes done this a few times. If we all do it. Why doent one person try to be different and brave and just make a genuine conversation no matter the subject.

• A couple of times yeah

• lol no. i dont check my phone much

• lol yeah sometimes. If I'm waiting for someone in a bar or something.