General Mad Dog Mattis - Trump's Sec of Defense? What do you think?

What do you think of this pick?

Food for thought... some of his quotes
“Find the enemy that wants to end this experiment (in American democracy) and kill every one of them until they’re so sick of the killing that they leave us and our freedoms intact.

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”

On Entering Iraq in 2003

"I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I’ll kill you all.”

17d He is respected by both Dems and GOP...

Most Helpful Guy

• You. must. be. shitting. me.
    He chose The warrior monk,
    That's... actually the absolute perfect choice.
    He'd be my second choice, (After Chuck Yeager)
    Are you sure trump had any part of that decision?
    I would of thought trump would think that Mattis's requirement that the marine under his command take cultural sensitivity classes and understand the local customs to try to not offend people and actually try to make things go well, would mean he's too politically correct in trumps eyes

• 17d

He's been involved with Trump since the republican primaries. He is well respected by both Dems and GOP and he does seem to be a popular choice, thought it has not been announced he met with Trump over the weekend where he is said to now be the frontrunner.

• 14d

Thanks for mho

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 18

• Seems reasonable actually. All of those quotes are standard military quotes, that is do not start a fight but be damn sure to end it. That is precisely the mind set you need to be some one who is tasked with defending others, to never seek out the violence but be willing to do what it takes to end it even if that means being violent yourself.
    “We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.”
    ― Winston Churchill

• You know how the people here are like. They are going to praise him. Everyone loves a loudmouth "cause it's not PC".

• 17d

It seems so provoking on the surface. Im wondering if he will be polarizing or if it's generally accepted because he is military.

• 17d

It just hit me, this is Back To The Future!

You have president Biff aka Trump, and now you even have Mad Dog.

Holy shit we need to go back!

• 17d

Actually, I despise trump with a passion but 'The Warrior Monk' and yes that is one of his nicknames and with a good reason.
      Is a damn good pick, like way better than I'd expect,
      He supports a two state solution for the israel palestine conflict.
      He is known for the intellectual rigor he puts on his Marines and his belief in risk-management, and in the need for troops under his command to read widely about the cultural norms and history of the area they are sent to, as he himself does. Before deploying to Iraq, Mattis ensured his troops were given courses on Arab culture and cultural sensitivity classes.[22]
      He's actually damn good,
      I would have actually thought he'd be TOO POLITICALLY CORRECT FOR TRUMP

• This is my opinion on Mattis. The man is exactly what we need in this time of never ending war and bloodshed. Someone who invokes respect, loyalty, and fierceness in his men, and terror in his enemies. 2hzxr1lyvt537ichs3vglb28.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/.../4b5c1b1427bea5d7b6c63104ccd607fc.jpg

• This is the updated version of the white man's burden, the British imperial policy of 100 years ago More polite, more 'professional', but more massively violent than the British.

• Sounds about right considering Trump picked him. I'm kinda excited for when Trump takes office, just because I think it will be interesting to see how things unfold 😈

• 17d

Actually, I wouldn't have thought that trump would have picked him in a million years

• 17d

@Waffles731
      Oh, well he sounds like a good pick then.

• 17d

Which is why I would never have thought trump would pick him in a million years.

• James Mattis is legendary, they're both legendary so far

www.nytimes.com/.../donald-trump-presidency.html

• After trump associating with Steve Bannon, I expected some guy like him and I expect worse.

• 17d

he's respected by both Dems and Republicans, and Hillary's likely SOD pick Michele Flournoy said he was likely the best candidate for the job.

• Nice I like it I hope he gets picked, he's an ass kicker taking names and doesn't mess around

• Forget him, Sarah Palin as minister of the interior

• I'd have a beer with him for sure.

• Sounds awesome.

• Too early to know. Let me get my crystal ball...

• Best man for the job.

• Sounds like a man's man, which we need more of in this PC, overly pussified world

• Sounds very machiavellian.

• I like him.

• “Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    As someone who served in Iraq thats good advice
    This point is very true, I might not want to take your life but I'll be dammed if I will let you take mine. He seems like a good fit for the job.

• I here hat he is a democrat so he might be gay

• 17d

All the time in the world to think of a clever reply and this is what you came up with?

• 16d

Same time tomorrow?

• 16d

lol, ok

What Girls Said 2

• Anyone, hun, Under the Trump Sun, is Fine with Me. I Trust Trump's Wise Decisions Here, dear, and have No Fear. xx

• have to look up the guy more, but:

those quotes sound like he is addressing marines directly
    those quotes sound like somebody who understands the nature of war
    they also say geniuses are a certain type of crazy
    maybe he is one of them

• 17d

He is highly respected in the military, by Dems and GOP, the last quote was sent to the Iraqi leaders of every Iraqi region that was under his area of command. and yes, i agree he seems to get the nature of war..

• 17d

If he can get both sides of the aisle respecting him, sounds like a great choice