I wonder, do men feel less manly now that women dont need them, or their help and protection now days?

• Yes, women should sit back stay at home and let men handle the business
  • Yes, and it sucks we feel powerless
  • No not at all, i think its good women know how to live for themselves
  • No...

Most Helpful Guy

• I like the question. I don't like the poll options.

The West is a very feminized society, now. So, instead of saying "men feel less manly", I think it's more accurate to say "society has demanded that men be less manly, because manliness is abusive and obtrusive." The continuing endeavor to eliminate gender differences.

But yes. Protection is a very big part of what females find attractive in a man. Or, has been, anyway. Protection and provision are two of the big checkmarks that women seek in a man. Even today, those are important qualities. However, in the past, women needed them significantly more than they do now. What this leads to isn't a feeling of emasculation, imo--not exactly--but a variance of the social value between men and women.

Women have *innate* social value. Men start out at 0 social value (after they come of age). Throughout history, this served a decent balance. Women always had value regardless of their station in life. Men achieved to increase their social value up to par with women and often above it.

To demonstrate the difference, think about a random woman getting stabbed in the face. Now think about a random man getting stabbed in the face. One of those is worse than the other. Or so the vast majority of people will believe.

Female value goes up with the added social value of occupation and accomplishment; male value goes down from females taking that social value that was always theirs (not arguing against female employment, just stating my opinion on causality). And this value difference can portray itself in many ways.

So, in effect, women are a fuckload more valuable than men, now. So, we have a female value inflation, which results in a lot higher male suicide rate. Probably more violence. Probably more crime. Mental illness. Probably, yes, feelings of worthlessness and powerlessness.

As for the solution, I don't think it's legitimate to want things to go back to how they were. That would be unfair to women who want to work. Perhaps de-angelizing women would be one good thing. Otherwise, we would need a way to bolster male value up to par with female value. Perhaps by attributing more value to specific occupations than others.

• 9d

Thanks. I couldn't put my finger on the correct phrasing, then. But, one thing I wanted to say, in this specific way, was: Men have less to offer women, now. Though, there are exceptions--women who grow up in a hostile environment tend to seek protection from males, more.

What Guys Said 18

• Women still need men technically, since so much of the welfare that is used for many of the help programs for women are used by mostly male tax money, most of the infrastructure and security of a society is also maintained by men, without men women cannot survive. Women just rely more on the government these days but the government is run by mostly men and use mostly men to execute their plans tasks.

• I voted C. Now don't bother me when there's a huge bug to kill or something heavy to lift.. You got it :)

• Nope I am cool lol my manliness extends beyond protecting females.

• There was recently an article where it put forth that the increase in male suicide is a financial disaster for women, that the act of men killing themselves was hurting the aggregate whole (specifically women) as there was less income in the public coffers. You can't have it both ways either you need us, or our deaths should not matter.

- as for how men's suicide affect or is effected by men, is not a societal concern (men do not count you see)-

• Women need men and men need women it goes both ways wheather feminist admit it or not we both have our roles in society. I know it's not always the case but for the most part it's is and I think it'll stay that way for the best. Not to get all biblical but God did make Eve from a part of Adam so we are bonded in a way.

• Women still need men, just look at who pays more taxes, and who gets more out of taxes xD

• Needing women to feel manly is the epitome of not being manly.

• It's less stress on me knowing a woman can take care of herself nowadays. We can look after each other as equals.

• One of those "Yea, and it sucks" was me and sorry it was a mistake... I meant to press the option below...

• nope ıt doesn't effect

• Lol well I'm sure you will need the military at some point. (majority is men) but hey you can protect yourself😂😂 nah I don't give a fuck.

• lol you don't understand the past
    trust me it's better off like this

and no we don't feel less manly
    I just feel a lot of women believe a lie

• I'm ok with it... big time... but I have days when I try not suffer to much from it...😂😂😂😂

• I can only speak for myself but i dont feel less manly because there's no women depending on me.

• yet, there are those women who want to be considered equals and want chivalry as well

• But we still need to have a 9 inch penis so yeah I still feel oppressed.

• Since when do woman not need man, I thought dildos weren't as good as the real deal.

• Say that again the next time there is a home invasion and someone gets raped and murdered. Or beaten to death in a dark alley. Or when they kidnap them, duck tape their mouth, drive out to the middle of nowhere and crush their skull with a rock.
    Then say, well I don't need a man. I can defend myself just fine.

What Girls Said 3

• I'm sure some do but most are probably fine.

• Speak for yourself

• Speak for yourself. I like having guys around. No, we don't "need" each other, but it's nice to want each other.