Friends girlfriend broke up with him because he voted for trump.. what do you think of this?

He voted for trump. He told her he did and she broke up with him because he did.
any comments on this? What do you think of it?

What Girls Said 12

• 1|8
  • Lmao guess he won't be grabbing anyone by the pussy 😂😂

• Sounds like he dodged a bullet. If she makes a big deal out of that, what else could she have made a big deal out of? At least they ended it before they got married.

• Good for her.

• Ditch the bitch... he's way better off without her

• Tell her goodbye.

• Typical left wing retard

• I think it's just stupid. WTF

• I'm guessing she did not see this as a simple "difference of opinion."

A difference of opinion is like, "I like horror movies and it's okay that you don't." This is kind of more like "You're a Hispanic woman and I want our country's leader to be a man who both shows blatant racism against Mexicans and also normalizes sexual assault. So it's okay with me that you don't feel safe anymore."

• The way I see it; people who are really into politics are stupid. That girl probably felt that it would not work out between them. Though think about it; Trump has been branded "racist, sexist and homophobic" and that is what scares people. Honestly I would not date someone who was really into politics especially if it was borderline dictating what I could and could not do. For example "abortion and birth control is wrong" yeah no. Take your 1950s mindset elsewhere, preferably to another planet.

• Differently Political views are huge for some people. She obviously felt that it would have never worked out.

• 13d

It's so dumb to end a relationship because of a difference in opinion on what should be done about Iraq like cmon!

• 13d

That's a really negative outlook on life in general. If someone isn't like you or think like you, you basically write them off as being unsuitable. Cmon.

• 13d

And that's fine just realize that things like Politics an Religions are important to some people and they like to be with someone who shares at least their core values with them. The rate of Divorce of people with different ideologies is higher than not & tend to cause problems when it comes to what to teach and how to discipline kids. It's fine that you don't think it should be an issue but for many it is and it's good when people are self aware and know what will and will not work for them.

• he's been liberated is all I'm saying. no one needs to be with someone who doesn't respect their political opinion.

What Guys Said 19

• 1|4
  • If she broke up with him because of such a small thing that wouldn't actually affect their relationship directly, then he's better off without her.

• Yeah sounds like he is going to have a much better life now!

• That's messed up I've heard of a couple that was disagreeing and voting for the other but never breaking up

• 13d

Yeah she literally broke up with him because he wouldn't join her in a protest and wouldn't agree with her. Wtf.

• 13d

Don't know why some people are so Protestant this time, he already won , it won't matter now

• Why do people think this is weird? Aren't we supposed to date people who share our values and our open to our beliefs (they're a huge part of our personalities)? Yes there has to be some wiggle room, like between a Clinton supporter and a Sanders supporter, or even across the aisle between a Clinton supporter and a Kasich or Stein supporter, but if he voted Trump and she voted Clinton that can signal a huge difference in values and beliefs.

• I think she did the right thing.

• well first of all she never truly loved him secondly she lacks in knowledge of social freedom n each individual human rights

i mean of god that girl must b psychopath... lol

• She was looking for an excuse... this isn't high standards but something else entirely different and weird.

If this hasn't happened, I am sure in future he'd have done something else equally inconsequential and she'd have dumped him for that instead.

• Good riddance I'd say :P

• Makes perfect sense to me. To her, this probably revealed an underlying deep incompatibility. I would break up with someone if they turned religious or turned out to be racist or homophobic.

• Like he even had a chance to begin with - guess he didn't realize they always win

• Pathetic of her. He doesn't need a woman who is that shallow.

• He dodged a bullet.

• Why did you put friends girlfriend?

• Well he should count his lucky stars as the like most hillary supporters has emotional problems, she will likely accuse him of rape or domestic abuse.

• People that are super into politics are a special kind of stupid.

• Your friend should find a new girlfriend that doesn't care whom he voted for and what his political views are or that she is also a Trump supporter.

• He should have broke up with her if she didn't vote for Trump. :)
    In all seriousness though, certain political differences can cause problems in a relationship, especially once people have kids. It just depends on which things they disagree on.
    I can stay friends with someone that has many different political views, but not be in a LTR with someone with too many different views/beliefs. That is actually one of the reasons why I can be friends with a very attractive girl and never be more than friends, is if some of the views are too different.

• 13d

I get what you're saying but I believe that you can teach kids different sides of the political views and let them make their own choices when they get older. I still don't think a difference of opinion is reason to break up with someone. That's foolishness. There are so many worst reasons to break up with someone

• 13d

By reading opinions on here and learning she was Mexican, then I think she is one of the people that confuse the deportation of illegals with being racist against Mexicans, which it isn't.
      I was originally thinking of different political opinions like the use of pot, or gay marriage. Those differences in beliefs could really cause problems when having kids. If one parent is very straight edge and doesn't even drink alcohol and is a devout Christian, and the other is fine with their kid being gay and smoking dope, I couldn't see that working out.

• I support her decision