Who do you think is more insecure? Men or Women?

This should be good..

• Men
  • Women

Most Helpful Girl

• I think women are much more insecure. Society is very focused on women's looks and how they should be on the outside to look "hot" or "beautiful". It's very seldom that women are praised or popular for their smarts and intelligence.

• 17d

Chicken or the egg argument

• 16d

@cchris987 Well thank you for validating exactly what I was saying from the start. You are a excellent real life example.

• 16d

W/e...

Most Helpful Guy

• Both the same. We are all just human.

• 18d

Dammit lol don't take the fun out of this!

• 18d

i mean itΒ΄s quite telling that the majority of each gender thinks the own gender is more insecure :D at least at the point in time where i answered.

What Girls Said 25

• Women are more superficially insecure. We're insecure about if we're prettier than her, smarter than her, if he'll cheat on us, etc.

Men are more deeply insecure, to an obsessive level a lot of the times.

"My dick is only 5" no woman will ever be satisfied with it."

"I'm only 5'10" my life is over women only like dudes 6'0" plus."

"I'm 19 and haven't had sex, chicks are going to think I'm a piece of shit loser now."

You get the gist. Overall, women are more insecure, men just more selectively and intensely so.

• I think each gender has their fair share but unfortunately for women the pressure from the media doesn't let us escape our insecurities. It's either wear this or look like this or eat this dont eat that. It's sad really. Between spanx, push up bras and the countless number snake oils guaranteed to eliminate crows feet, wrinkles and any sign of aging, or the multi billion dollar make up industry, How can women not be insecure. Throw into the mix airbrushed magazine covers and plastic surgery doctors with their own daytime tv shows, porn and discussions on the perfect labia, its surprising we haven't all just given up on being seen at all. So in case I wasn't clear, I vote B

• 17d

I'm so glad you cleared that up at the end 😛

• 17d

I think it boils down to who cares less and Im more inclined to think that the more emotional gender cares more so therefore they are more insecure

• In real life women, on here the dudes

• I voted women. I find that women are always comparing themselves to other women, bragging about what they have, and always trying to fix themselves up to compete for a guys attention.

• I think men are. They are very concerned about their height (rightfully so, modern girls are bitches), society puts pressure on them to be able to earn enough money to support a family, they have masculinity conplex (not enough facial hair, narrow shoulders or whatever), they're afraid of the friend zone, they worry that their penis is too small... now this doesn't apply to all men of course, but I have noticed a trend. Women generally tend to mainly worry about their weight, but since we glorify obesity now it might not stay this way much longer. I'm expecting a lot of hate 🙈

• 18d

Why a lot of hate? I do think you left out a couple things on the female side though..

• 18d

@jman46241 Because i called men insecure. Many of them want to feel alpha and might dislike what I wrote, at least I thought so. I'm sure women are insecure in other areas than weight as well, but I chose to focus on the male insecurities, since I think society puts more pressure on them.

@MaximisPryme I'm glad you agree with me :D

• 17d

No problem!

• I voted men for only one reason. Rejection. And they have to deal with it way more often than women do. And rejection is awful. Women have more things to be insecure about, but overall, I think men have it worse, especially since they're expected to 'man up' and not be a 'bitch' about things. So just because we don't see it doesn't mean it isn't there.

• Men lmao! They'r'e really sensitive, and have too much pride. Anything you say immediately hurts their ego.

• women... hands down :/

• Women.

• I believe women are more insecure because we girls tend to feel we need to be smarter or prettier than other girls. Yes, guys compete with each other too. Just think how many guys that you know a lot about tell you that they feel that they won't be good enough. Also girls seem to get bullied a lot and they take all of that stuff to heart. Most girls are more sensitive than guys. But This is just my opinion. 💕

• i think men are more insecure. they're just better at hiding it.

• Women I think.

• i really think it completely depends on the individual

• umm i guess it depends on the person. we can't say women only or men.. i have some male frnds who r insecure.. i mean we all have insecurities but women r little more sensitive than men cuz guys can hide n act as if they r so confident n they dont care women can't. so i guess both r the same

• Both are. Girls always asking about their boobs and guys always asking about their dick. Both need to move on.

• men...

• Both. Its not a gender thing; its a personal thing

• Lol women forsure

• Women

• I vote men. He can be the biggest and juiced up guy and be insecure as fuck. True story ! 😉

• women

• Women

• women becauase guys fat shame, slut shame and nit pick at what is wrong with a girl and it makes them insecure

• Δ± think both

• This is a tough one. I think it depends more on the person than on the gender. I'm a bit insecure but my sister, however, is the most secure person I've ever met, more than any man.
    I voted women but only because I'm insecure, as I already said.

What Guys Said 33

• i really don't feel like i can say one gender or the other is more insecure. i simply thing it depends on the person

women on the surface may appear more insecure but i think tons of men have plenty of insecurities and simply don't make it outwardly apparent

• I think women are more insecure. Men can ignore stuff and brush it away or not be emotional about a lot of stuff. No offense girls.

• Men and women are both insecure, the big difference is that women are crippelingly insecure. Meaning it can (and does) stop them from making rational decisions on a regular basis.

I have always felt that the number 1 reason guys don't understand girls (not that there aren't others) is that most guys can't understand how insecure they all are and how that affects them.

• I think it's equal, but men hide it better.

• i think men are more obvious about their insecurities, because men have bigger insecurities, but women have much more 'little' insecurities.

that's my guess, anyway..

• I think this depends. Normally women are more open about thinking they look bad or that they are never going to find anyway but men share the same thoughts... even if we frame them differently.

Comes down to the "everyone is different" answer but you hear it much more from women then men because they share more.

• Both in different ways. Men will hide it through endlessly with their body image and not to show they are vulnerable. Women can do the same thing as men but in a different way, they could be more defensive and controlling as much as they can. So both does it in different way

• We both have our fair share of insecurities but I think women tend to be more vocal about theirs.

• If anything, some men are too overconfident and many women are too shy and unaware of their value.

• Pretty sure that there are more women insecure then men.

• 18d

I think it comes down to who is chasing who, even in a relationship.

• 18d

Hmm maybe but also how the media describe the ideal men and woman, woman are more vulnerable to that.

• 18d

Fuck the media. Lol you pointed the hot bikini chicks in the wrong direction..

• Women by a long run.

• We all have our insecurities, but the society push us men to make the first move. That way we deal with our insecurities. Women in contrast, need constant reassurance and attention. Some are able to control it, but most of them aren't. Understanding this also helps us men get the upper edge if we know how to exploit it (i don't do this unless a woman is a manipulating b*tch).
    Women are always coming back wanting to grab your attention if you are working in the same circle.

• Women win by a land slide.

• Well I used to think women would be, but after being on this site, so many guys are worried about their micro-penises. Like WTH?
    So many strange topice on here that I've never heard anyone say IRL.

• Most women are even though they shouldn't be

• women by far. sick in the head. one girl asked me if her lack of thigh gap will make no man ever love her. who even gives a shit about thigh gaps? i find them anorexic and weird.

• Women, especially when it comes to looks thanks to media.

• Both equally

• On average, I'd say your typical women is more insecure than your typical guy. They have to worry about this "rape culture" we live in. I mean, if I read day in and day out how all men want to rape me... I'd be insecure too.

• Men should be more insecure because they don't get nearly as much compliments as women do.

• Women is more insecure than men , they are right about that insecureness

• Both have equally high potential for insecurity

• women

• Women.

• EASY call... men have to approach women and hope they don't rejected before the woman knows ANYTHING about them other than looks.

• 18d

But what does that have to do with insecurity? Just curious..

• how is this even a question?

• Women for
    and most of the times there's nothing to even be insecure about

• men honestly

• Depending on the amount of dick size questions, men.

• Bruno Mars song just the way you are is a perfect example

• More from Guys
    3