Is a independent contractor considered under the table?

I cam model and they said that we are considered a independent contractor.. is that considered under the table?

Most Helpful Girl

• Independent Contractor= 1099 form, and has to claim their own taxes. Nothing to do with Cash or under the table payments.

• 18d

Can social security find out I'm doing this?

• 18d

Yes, they should find out. Here is the deal. When you work independently, the person you are working for (the business owner) will send you a 1099. You use that form to pay your taxes. I can tell you it is like collecting unemployment, make sure you set money aside, because at tax time, you are going to owe money! The only difference is you are getting all of your money with out taxes with held working on your own, and then at tax time you will owe the federal government money on your income! Read this from the IRS, it will help you!

www.irs.gov/.../independent-contractor-defined

• 17d

thanks for the MHO

What Guys Said 3

• Mmmmm. Sort of. There are many independent contractor jobs. It basically just means you aren't part of the company, but are working for the company. I don't know if I would call it "under the table". It's not like it's secret or anything. Only that you are not a direct employee. You're basically considered self-employed. That also means you're responsible for your own taxes.

• No. It just means you need to report your income as self-employed. Means more social security and "social responsibility" taxes. Also means you can write off certain things you purchased to do the job. Let me know if you want any help. =)

• Yes, If the company and contractor fill out the appropriate forms..

What Girls Said 0