Should the Electoral college change and not vote for Trump?

The Electoral college could literally vote for any eligible person and if there isn't a person who gets a majority, the House of Reps chooses the president. What do you think they should do?

• Yes, They should vote for Hillary, she won the most votes and would be much better
    23% (3)15% (3)18% (6)Vote
  • Yes, They should vote for a different Democrat than Hillary
    8% (1)0% (0)3% (1)Vote
  • Yes, They should vote for a different Republican than Trump, let the part win, but let the members of the house choose a better president
    8% (1)5% (1)6% (2)Vote
  • No, Trump won so if you like it or not they should vote the will of the people
    61% (8)80% (16)73% (24)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
1|13

What Guys Said 13

• O for fucks sake he won, would you people give it up he won legitimately accept it and stop fucking whining aren't you guys supposed to all about tolerance and acceptance? Bang up job y'all are doing.

Not to mention it's a slap to the face to us the people and our states what your proposing would start a civil war.

And before you go and call us all racists a lot of latino's and blacks also voted for Trump people woke up and realized that the democratic party doesn't give a shit about them except when it's time for election.

FYI Hillary by law shouldn't have even been allowed to run in the first place because she was under criminal investigation for treason an harboring national security and national secrets as well as being investigated for the deaths of 4 of our people including an ambassador overseas in Benghazi especially when she could have saved him with a phone call but instead left him to die. And also lied about what was going on over there when she in fact knew all along that there was massive terrorist activity in the area. Not to mention she took money from foreign nationals in exchange for giving them favors which is agaisnt the law. O and she stole all the money that her foundation raised for the Haitians and her people were no where to be seen in Haiti.

Yet there she was a criminal and a traitor allowed to run.

Trump won and he will be our president and the electoral college will not change their vote they took oaths to uphold the laws of the US and the states they represent. It's been that way since this country was founded and as long as the constitution stands it will continue.

Now it's time for you guys to grow the hell up and stop acting like children who got their toys taken away. Grow up, and be the tolerant, accepting adult people you claim to be, stop rioting, stop looting, stop burning and stop committing petty crime and accept the result.

Or continue being the hypocrites you continue to be.

2|1
    0|0
    • 12d

I have never agreed with something more.

• Show All
    • 11d

Yes you

• 11d

@Rissyanne Sure if you want.

• As wild a thought as you propose, the electoral college will not change their votes. When these people became Electors for their respective states, months ago, they took oaths to uphold the laws of the US AND the states they represent. They take these oaths, very seriously. Both Trump and Clinton campaigned on these electoral votes. It's been this way from the beginning of the country, and as long as our Constitution stands, will continue.

For those upset about this, get a grip and accept Trump is the next President of the United States. Quit whining, grow up, behave and start acting like the adults you claim to be. Learn something about the govt you live under and stop believing the lies your liberal teachers, instructors, professors, friends, and idiot liberal media tell you.

0|0
    0|0
    • 12d

There is no Constitutional provision or Federal law that compels the electors to vote based on the popular vote in their state. Maybe it's you who should learn something about the government you live under, and stop believing the lies your conservative teachers, instructors, professors, friends, and idiot conservative media tell you.

• Show All
    • 11d

@cipher42 - The State laws they're from apply to them, so they need to vote according to their individual state laws. That's what I said.

I wouldn't get your hopes up that they will go against the popular vote in their state. They're not independent individuals to vote the way they desire. While some states allow their electors to split their votes (ie. 15 electors and 6 vote one way, and 9 for a different candidate), that has rarely ever happened.

Just look at the US map and see how much of this country is red. That... is how those electors are going to go. You can waste all your dreams, thinking Clinton is somehow going to win the electoral college, but it's just not going to happen.

• 11d

No, that's not what you said. What you said was, "the electoral college will not change their votes. When these people became Electors for their respective states, months ago, they took oaths to uphold the laws of the US AND the states they represent" That implies that all the electors are bound by laws preventing them from being faithless electors, which is simply untrue. Actually only about 56% are. So what you said was decidedly misleading, and that's what I was objecting to. I'm not arguing that the electors should change their votes, only that it would be entirely legal for many of them to do so.

• They shouldn't do that. That would be a slap in the face to the people of their state. The people that trusted them and the system with their vote, now getting FUCKED.
    I hope this doesn't happen, cause if it does, we'd have a problem.
    Trump didn't win just by a couple of electoral college votes, he won by 20 more than he needed to win... while Hillary needed 38 more to reach the minimum. It would be preeeeeetty bad if they went with Hillary.

0|1
    0|0
  • No way.

There would unbelievable civil unrest if this happened. Literally hundreds (or perhaps thousands) would die as Trump and Clinton loyalists battle it out in the streets. It would be absolutely terrible. It might lead to a full-blown coup or martial law.

So, fuck no.

1|0
    0|0
  • Hillary didn't get the majority either though. 52% of voters did NOT vote for her.

And Trump isn't the first one benefitting (from both sides) from the Electoral voting system. If you have a problem with it, strive for a change.

1|0
    0|0
  • "The Electoral college could literally vote for any eligible person"

Can they?
    The state law forbids this in 30 states, plus electors are selects of the party that they belong to so going against their party would be an excellent way to sabotage their careers.
    Good luck swaying 40 people with the idea of breaking the law and potentially destroying their political career over something as stupid as reversing the vote because you are a butthurt leftist.

0|0
    0|0
  • I fucking hate liberals.

1|1
    0|0
  • Give it a rest. The guy won fair and square you libtard

1|0
    0|0
  • if they just go with anyone, it should be jill stein or gary johnson

0|0
    1|0
  • Trump will become president. You know what you are proposing could lead to a war right?

0|1
    0|0
    • 13d

A war between whom? The last time racists started a war because they didn't like the outcome of an election, they did so because of Republican Abraham Lincoln and we call it the civil war. Last I checked those rebels lost. Ironic how far the GOP has fallen: from a man who gave his last full measure of devotion that the union might live to a bunch of racists threatening war if they don't get what they want.

• Show All
    • 13d

You do realize the majority of the military power is obedient to the oaths they took to support and defend the constitution which includes supporting the president chosen by the methods it lists right?

• 13d

Lmao, a lot of them said that they would refuse to take away our weapons, thus they are actually more likely to back the south because they would be doing what the founding fathers would have wanted. Also some of the military is loyal to the state only.

• Trump won. Let it go.

1|0
    0|0
    • 13d

Let what go? I think it is a legitimate question. Just because you voted for Trump doesn't mean that he should win. The constitution was actually designed to keep things like this from happening. They did not trust the average man, so they had strict rules for who could vote (had to own land so you weren't the average poor man on the street) and they prevented direct elections of the two highest positions in the federal government (Senators and President).

• Show All
    • 13d

If you think that the riots after Hillary lost were bad, I'd anticipate that unrest would be widespread and worse if they took it away from Trump.

• 13d

I totally agree. It is funny that they are upset over riots when they would do the same thing if they lost. I am against the riots in favor of Clinton, but also realize it would be just as bad if the riots were occurring for something on the other side as well.

• Oh my god just shut the fuck up about this

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Its the United states of America which means the United States is governed by consent of the states not a majority living on the east and west coast states. If individual states didn't get their say they would secede.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• This is getting so fucking old. Move on with your life. Liberals are little whinny babies that needs their diapers changed

0|0
    1|1