Why does this teacher hate my brother?

My younger brother is disabled because he has epilepsy. He was also born without sections of his brain. He also has pages and pages of medical problems. As a result, half of his body is paralyzed so only leg works, only one arm works, etc. school is difficult for reasons like, he processes information slower and he has difficulty walking to class. He has an F in English for stupid reasons. For example his teacher gave him a bad grade on an oral presentation because he took a few pauses when he talked. She also takes points off his homework because his handwriting is messy. I had her when I was in middle school and I thought I liked her. What is her problem? I wasn't a bad student so she can't hate him because of a grudge against me. I've always been good at English. Is she that ignorant about disabled children?

What Guys Said 8

• Let me tell you a few things about my schooling before I went to private school.
    I got mocked repeatedly for having to go to a classroom for kids with ASD,
    I know teachers who would yell at students for no reason whatsoever, and yeah I got some of that once or twice.
    When it comes to dealing with shit like that, the sad truth is that people fucking suck.
    I hope your brother is okay

• 15d

He has no idea about his grade. He will be horrified when he comes home and sees his grade report we got in the mail. He has plenty of friends and he is a big guy. He is 13, weighs 185 pounds and 6 foot 1, so no classmate would make fun of him because they would regret it. It's the teachers that give him issues.

• 15d

The teacher is an ass.
      Sometimes kids are more accepting of these things than adults

• She's probably one of those people who believes in equality not equity. It irks me meeting people like that. Every person has a different situation, requiring different treatment. Don't tell me you can't make an exception because a policy states so.

• You should go talk to her. Calmly, nicely, politely, and ask her why she is doing what she is. It's not like the child is trying to get into medical school, so why hold him to a painfully high standard?

• I think she doesn't think he belongs there. I'm really sorry he has to deal with it. Occasionally people act with love and compassion, but sometimes they don't and that's it. Sorry and good luck to both of you

• You might need to talk to the school if all else file a complaint

• she is a true bitch

• Could be a few things but, Sounds like his teacher has less patience for him.

• Probably being honest and just keeping things even. I don't really know

What Girls Said 3

• I think she is impatient and gets upset when people don't provide her with the intellectual or social stimulation she expects to get out of them. If you think you have a legitimate cause - I would either complain about her to the principal or get a legal request to have your brother moved to a different classroom where a different teacher grades his papers for school.

• She is using her power to put him down. I advice talking to the school.
    They should already know your brother is disabled.

• Sounds like complete ignorance to me...