Does it bother you to see grammatical errors?

• Yes it does
  • I notice but it doesn't bother me
  • I don't notice, it doesn't bother me at all
    Vote C

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• It used to drive my OCD insane.

Nowadays I overlook it. However, it does piss me off when people abbreviate words unnecessarily. I lost it on a guy once because he tried to say "AWKWO" (a-w-k-w-o) instead of just typing "awkward."

... First of all, given abbreviation logic it would be AWKWA, but according to him "awkwo sounds better, awkwa sounds like the 90's pop band."

So he abbreviated stupidly and threw shade at AQUA. We're not friends anymore.

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Guys Said 17

• I couldn't care less. The people who are so concerned about grammar bother me a lot more. I seriously don't understand why people care about it. It's such a trivial thing that doesn't matter. As long as I can understand them, and don't have to work too hard at it, then I don't care.

• Yes, it bugs me. I also hate autocorrect for arguing about changing some words to the wrong thing and leaving other blatant mistakes untouched.

• If you're on GaG, you have to learn to just accept that there's going to be lots of grammatical errors. I notice them and in my head I'm correcting them as I read through a question or other post. They only really irritate me when the errors are such that you really can't be sure what the person is trying to communicate (the use of double negatives, for example).

• It can be annoying at times. I usually figure out what they are actually trying to say.

• yes it doez

• A little bit I find it kind of funny actually

• I notice but it doesn't bother me. Sometimes due to keypad problems mistakes are bound to occur. That is also acceptable.

• a little bit

• i vote b as most people here dont use English as a first language

• Not really. Everyone has their own way of saying things.

• Yeah kind of.

• an't no one got time for that!

• I vote B. I notice the errors but it does not bother me. I reconstruct the mistakes as I read along

• It hurts my soul... deeply.

• nope i notice some things but i ain't a huge nazi about it

• Generally no, it doesn't matter as long as long as people understand it. But really basic mistakes are annoying. Like "he's" instead of "his" (saw this today on GaG) or "were" instead of "we're"

What Girls Said 4