A Christmas Music Question For Those From Down Under?

It seems that half of the music we above hear at Christmas time mentions snow. Since it is coming up on summer there, do you hear Christmas music with snow mentioned a lot?

Most Helpful Girl

• I've always wondered this. For places here it does not snow, does it not seem weird that snow is synonymous with Christmas?

I'm from Canada and it snows where I am. But there are places in Canada where they may not have a white Christmas. But for me snow is one of the first things I think of when I think of Christmas.

• 15d

That is why I asked. How weird it must be to those who do not have snow at Christmas time. (Though it has been a long time since we have had a white Christmas Day.) My wife and I were living in Florida when she was finishing nursing school. One day the students were packed against a window and my wife went over to find out what was going on. It was snowing. Not much, just little flakes. She wondered what the big deal was. Had they not seen snow before? Then she realized that many probably had not.

• 14d

I live in Oregon, so we see snow almost every winter. But often it is bare on Christmas Day. And not a lot of snow on other days. But at least it is easier to drive in.
      I was in the Navy back then. Shortly after that event we moved to Maine for a year. Got a bit more snow than in Florida. lol

• 11d

Thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• If you want to hear about rain deer or santaclaus , you have to understand that snow is synonymous.

• 16d

There are many Christmas songs without Santa or his reindeer. But I am interested in what is popular in the land where Christmas is in the summer. Do they just fake the snow and sing about it?

• 16d

50 to 85 Degrees Fahrenheit is equal to 10 to 30 Degrees Celcius. In winter around 25 December it will get a little bit colder. But all parts of India don't have the same temperature. India is a vast country. So there is a lot of difference in temperature from the north to south.

• 15d

I get thrown by the conversions. Did not realize how wide the difference was at those temps. And the reason I was giving the wide range of temps was because I was taking into consideration the areas covered by India. That part I did realize. :-)

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• Haven't paid much attention to it since I'm too busy to watch tv or really go out to shopping centers. I feel like they don't play as much Christmas music as they do in the states (could just be me though). I've been living here for almost two years and it's still so weird going to places and seeing all these Christmas decorations while you're sweating balls hahaha. I actually forget that Christmas is coming up.