Why do the people you work with seem to focus more on your mistakes than theirs?

At my work when you make a mistake or do something like that they always give you shit about it and remember it for years.

But when they make mistakes they're pretty quiet about it? Why are they like that? Human nature? Toxic work environment? What else?

And do you have this problem in your workplace?

Most Helpful Girl

• because they're colleagues... they will want to be first to the eyes of the boss... as they result they highlight your mistakes to show to the boss that they are much better than you in work

Most Helpful Guy

• From my experience, the people who harass everyone's mistakes are the same people who either, make a lot of mistakes themselves so they point out other people's mistakes to make themselves feel better, or, the ones who are "perfect" and have unrealistic high expectations of everyone else.

Sponsored

What Girls Said 2

• Probably to distract other people from their own mistakes.

• Because is easy to people to point fingers at others so they don't acknowledge their own mistakes.

• Do you think that's what everyone does or just low quality people?

• In my workplace people do it too. And I guess is quality of people, because I know when I make a mistake or I think I made one I apologize and try to make it better. But I never put down my co-workers for their mistakes

What Guys Said 0