Are Shiite Muslims less violent than Sunni?

The largest sect of Islam are the sunni along with their various denominations within. shiite Muslims comprise far less but it seems like all the most violent and aggressive Muslims are only ever sunni

What Girls Said 5

• Almost 90% of Muslims in the world are Sunni Muslims, of course there is more chance for them to get violent factions, than the 10% Shiite. Among all Muslims there are good and bad Muslims. Only Western media only talks about the bad ones, so it seems like that is the image of Sunni Islam.

by the way 0.006625% of Muslims are extremists. No need to attack us and talk about "how violent" we are. It's enough that we have those radical idiots to deal with.

• 8d

Exactly.

• 7d

the kkk is mocked by the majority of people incoluding christians... actually they'r'e considered pretty irrelivant andd the kkk aren't given a platform lik emuslims are.

ISIS supported Hilary and so does saudi arabia who are significantly larger, more influencial and are muslims to the core.

• 7d

It was an analogy you obviously didn't get.

• Haha... No.
    We don't whip ourselves on Ashura day and we weren't the ones to be the origin of the word "Assassin" lol.
    Also, Bashar Al Assad is shia, enough said.
    I have nothing against Shias but my religious beliefs are very different from theirs and I would prefer it if Iran stops getting involved in Arab countries.

• 8d

Oh and the Huthis in Yemen are Shia as-well.
      I'm Sunni in case you're wondering.

• 8d

http://www.BBC.com/news/world-middle-east-29319423

A bit one sided on the Yemeni civil war. The Sunnis are not exactly mindful of civilian casualties in their air strikes, and Saudi Arabia is responsible for the majority of deaths that have occurred.

• 8d

Yea when I was young I was really close to a Muslim guy. A good friend. Since I am not muslim the family rejected me but accepted muslims to their house. I still use to go there but always with a bad look in their eyes

When I ask a muslim how can you follow something that hates homoesexuals, they almost never have an answer

The double standards are very bad. Actually they are worse with people in the middle like Elissa. At least with a fully religious man You know what he is. With middle muslims, everything is a double standard and they conform the religion to suit their purpose. Do this but leave that. Do that but leave this

Like look what Elissa said, that premarriage sex is not allowed but not part of the major sins. The only things that matters to her is jewish, christian and islam, nothing else is worthy of her time. And for her muslim is above all 3 and the true god. By default making everyone else feel inferior

Such a bad way to look at people, such negative views

• I'm sunni and I've never been violent

• 8d

Its nothing new. Look at what the mexicans are doing: liveleak. com/view? i=624_1366952938

They've been doing it long before ISIS.

• 8d

you are a christian cultured muslim that doesn't really follow the religion outside of ticking muslim on a survey box

• 8d

have you ever met a violent muslim women? it is usually the guys.

• I know Muslims from like 5 different sects, including sunni and shiite, and all of them are just normal people, none are violent. I think it's more to do with their culture than religion when people are like that. Depends where and how they're raised and what they think is normal. Then there's the brainwashed converts of course.

• 8d

your first sentence contradicted your second sentence...

in your first sentence you saidd indiviudals from islam in your experience of islam were not violent

in your second sentence you try to refer to the culture... do you actually know anything about islam? are you aware that muhammad personally beheaded people, traded slaves, killed unbelievers and waged territorial wars?

• 8d

@Grumps that is a very good point. I've always said to any muslim. How do you know they are wrong and you are right?

Trust is they don't know

• 8d

@MidknightRyder they do not. when people say these murderes are chiristian ill say no theyre not as Jesus never teached nor lived as so. but when a muslim commits terrorist acts, they beleive they are in a prophesy doing Gods will as written in their book. mohammed also lived as such to confirm their faith. muslims hate this truth.

• i'll be observing the answers.

What Guys Said 15

• Sunnis are probably worse because there are more of them. More countries are dominated by Sunni Islam, and their adherents than Shiites. Shiites only have Iran and Iraq, they control Syria but are the minority. I'm not sure about Lebanon right now, but they used to be predominately Christian. Years of warfare and attrition changed it into a predominately Muslim country. Pakistan and the ISI are huge instigators as well, they have supported groups like Jaish e Mohammed and Lashkar e Taiba to kill Hindus in Kashmir.

• 8d

shiite muslims at least seem to tolerate other religions more than sunni muslims do. I wouldn't say either are very friendly to christians or jews but there are more christians and jews in shiite territory than sunni. In sunni islam countries they don't even allow churches and practice of another religion is taken down by the governrment as a crime

• 8d

@asker They might be "slightly" more tolerant. I know Iran isn't exactly supportive of Jewish or Zoroastrian peoples with in it's own territory. I think any illusion of peace is simply part of a long term strategy of conquest. They simply waive peace around like a dog and pony show, until they are strong enough, or not bogged down in another conflict to fight elsewhere. No one wants to bite off more than they can chew so to speak. Right now the entire middle east is engulfed in Syria, and to a lesser extent Yemen.

• What makes you think Muslims are violent to begin with?

where is your justification outside of listening to Anti-Muslim propaganda?

• Sunnis make up 90% of Muslims... Hezbollah is an example of a violent Shiite group and there are armed Shiite factions fighting sectarian wars in Syria, Iraq and Yemen.

• Muslims aren't violent, radical Islamic terrorists are violent.

• I do not care which ones they're. If they're modern and do not follow the Sharia Law, they're alright with me.

• https://youtu.be/viOQjYGUqtY

Here is what the media doesn't want you to take into consideration!

• No, Islamic sects don't have a correlation with violence and most Muslims are not violent...

• I need to understand the difference between the 2...

• Yes. Sunni is the worst one

• I think it could be because of Wahhabism and ISIS are Sunni extremists and want to impose sharia law.

• Moderate muslims aren't far from radicals. Their beliefs are very messed up so don't be naive.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ydcDbLktclQ

• Why do you call them shit muslims you racist?

• Lmfao says your so called media, its wrong. Sunni muslims are not violent.

• Christianity is the most violent of all religions. They attack other countries, after staging events to make those countries look like they are attacking the states, when in reality, those countries don't have the resources to. Why would the muslims attack the states when in reality, their main enemies are each other? The truth, they are not. In the US, you need a reason to attack another country, or the country revolts, so they have to justify their attacks by branding the enemies (who are probably not even thinking of the states), enemies.

• 8d

It is big business getting the states to do their dirty work, through manipulating world events.

• 8d

If it wasn't big business, they'd be filming those beheading videos in the states, not their home countries. Think about it. They are struggling enough dealing with each other. If something does happen, they let it happen. Let me give you another example, look at how strategically those beheading videos were released. Of the Americans. Afterwards, the war happened. I've seen be-headings long before (videos). However, only now did they start talking about them. These types of killings are nothing new, nor is is restricted to Islamic states or the middle east. It happens in Africa as well as South America.