What Do You Think About Men Who Don't Watch Sports?

I never thought I'd say this... but it's really hard for me to date women these days because every single woman I meet seems to be heavily into sports, if not, more than some of the guys!

I'm 25 years old, and I never really cared about sports and I don't watch them on TV. Don't let that fool you, though! I played basketball all my life and turned down a college scholarship for a good school because it got boring for me after a while. I also ran track and field and ran the 100 meter dash, 200 and 400. I also did rugby as well. So... I play sports and understand them... But I am not really passionate about sports, nor do I watch them.

I'm more of a simple guy. Like to go out and do things, travel, art, museums, writing, reading, wine tasting, fashion, trying new foods... that type of stuff. I also don't mind playing sports and having competitive dates... I just don't watch sports.

In the past... when I tell people I don't watch sports or when they find out I don't watch sports, I typically get shunned/ignored or people poke fun at me. Everywhere I go, all people talk about are sports.

I dunno... I just don't think watching sports is a big deal, and there are other things in life other than watching sports all day and idolizing a man for being able to shoot a basket.

• I find that strange and weird
  • I don't really care... everyone has their own interest
10d I never understood why people put so much emphasis on sports.

What Girls Said 5

• My boyfriend is similar to you. He rarely watches sports. He might catch the superbowl, or keep up with a few games here and there, or he might go to a watch party somewhere if he is invited but he almost never carves out time to just watch a game. I actually prefer it this way, not that its a big deal to me either way as he has his own hobbies and things he spends time with.

• I don't care.

• You seem like a well-rounded guy. If ever I found out you didn't watch sport, I'd just ask what other interests you have. I was in a relationship with a guy like that. So it's not a deal breaker for me.

• My ex never watched sports but he played football in high school. I played soccer but never watched. I don't care if a guy does watch but I don't know it's kinda nice when he isn't part of the men that constantly talk sports and stuff.

• THEY ARE AWESOME!!!

What Guys Said 4

• Fuck sports. Sometimes I wish I was that knowledgeable about all those stats or whatever, but then I realize it's useless.

• I feel you bro

• As a guy who doesn't watch sports - I feel your pain!!

• No one cares to be honest, is a interest.