How can I be funnier?

I love making people laugh, but I was just wondering if you had any tips on improving sense of humor.

What Girls Said 2

• - Learn more. It sounds tedious but some of the funniest references come from simply being educated about a subject (eg. history, politics, etc.). The more you expand your horizons the more humorous opportunities you'll have.
    - Surround yourself with people whose humour you admire. When you spend time with a certain person long enough, you start acting similarly. You'll also be able to receive feedback on your jokes. If a joke doesn't work, you'll know to trash it and try something else.
    - Don't try. People who try to be funny are so obvious. And it results in the complete opposite effect.

• Joining an IMPROV club could probably help you.

What Guys Said 1

• Do not try. Just recognize the things you find funny, and let those things come out through your own humor.
    Also, watch more funny movies and TV shows, a lot of the time references can make you funny if used right.

Just really, really do not be a tryhard with it.