Why do some people think that if they have black friends they're automatically not racist?

Racism doesn't mean you hate all races besides your own. You can hate some races and tolerate others but you're still a racist LOL

912

Most Helpful Guy

• I think some people believe that not simply having a "hatred" for a race means they can't be racist. Racism doesn't have to be that extreme.

Most Helpful Girl

• because maybe they are friends with them because they actually like them? what i don't understand is idiots who say "they can't be racist because of prejudice +power." there is no such definition of racism in existence. so when you go and say nasty things to white people, for example, because of their skin color you are actually being racist. there's no reverse racism or any of that other fairy tale bullsh*t that you like to come up with to play the victim.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 11

• Chris Rock said it:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3PJF0YE-x4
    Who is most racist?

• @rexiun Apparently Chris Rock thinks there is no black people in minnesota
      lol.

• Why do some people think if you're black it's impossible to be racist. I don't believe racism hardly exist at all, frankly. I think it's rare in America

• 😳 you think racism is rare?

• If you think racism hardly exist at all, then you live in a bubble. Native Americans are literally being tear gassed in North Dakota right now.

• Cause that's how society has always been

• what are you talking about? black people are clearly aware that they cannot be racist. this question confuses me as a black American.

• People like to not think of themselves as racist

• Why did you specifically ask black in your question?

• Yeah thats what I am sayin'

• you guys use the word racist more than we use air

• What if i told you we were all made from star dust, will that blow your mind and stop being racist.

• Id rather people thought I was racist, that way, ill know where the hate is coming from.

• Well why would you hang around with people who you hate or think you're better than?

What Girls Said 8

• because people like that are wilfully ignorant.

(i don't discriminate; i hate everyone equally. :P )

• Because they're stupid and don't understand what racism is.

• Or they know they're racist but are just trying to cover themselves

• What are you saying, I have a black fb friend so I can't be a racist 😱

• I believe it's because they don't discriminate who they associate with. Hell, I've seen people be racist against their own race, but it is what it is.

• I can't even answer this question because it's a type of "logic" only morons understand.

• Very true!!!

• Because they're looking for some sort of justification