Do you think photogenic is just a myth?

I'm just an average-looking guy, nothing special at all. I'm not trying to fish for attention, but my crush and some of her female friends said I look attractive. They didn't tell me of course I just heard about it. I thought that was suppose to make me feel excited and happy or whatever but then I looked at my photos... well I look like a potato. Hell if I were a girl I wouldn't see myself as someone 'attractive'.

Just curious if it's possible to be okay looking in real life and worse in photos.

• Yes
  • No

What Girls Said 10

• totally possible.
    it goes both ways too.
    sometimes people dont look anything like their pictures for some reason. its all about angles and lighting and how ur standing. all kinds of stuff. its annoying!

• The important thing here is YOU as a person... a person can become more attractive in real life when you get to know them and start liking their personality! That's what makes YOU more attractive than your pics :)

• Yeah there's both ways. For me I look flawless in pics like so cute but in real life I'm a potato. Some people are just more attractive in pics and hardly take bad ones so no I don't think it's a myth but I do think it's an art like you have to be good at it bc you gotta know your angles and stuff.

• I'm always told that I don't look as good in pics as I do In real life. So, Im always struggling to take decent pics and it takes forever for me to find one that I like. I'm jealous of other girls who could look amazing in pics. So, yes photogenicism does exist.

• My brother is handsome but in photos he doesn't look like that handsome as he is in real life.
    I think it is not myth.
    I am not photogenic too.

• Photogenic is not a myth (?) but absolutely people can look better irl than photos.

• definitely. I like to think I'm decent looking but in most photo's I take I look down right awful.

• Photogenic is definitely a real thing. Sadly I don't have it. I'm told I look much better irl and I can't get good pictures of me for anything! 😒 especially when someone else takes the picture.

• Nah it ain't anon you both ugly in real life and in photos.

• It's not a myth.

What Guys Said 5

• a photo isn't the real thing dude ... a photo is a reflection of you, so in real life, you look better then in photos, also a photo is something still, it does not move witch means in real life, you look better + peronaltiy + style +.. and so on... I don't take photos for that reason lol

• 12d

lol That does make sense

• 12d

yep inded and you do know that girls love confidence more than looks

• I think it's a real thing. I have seen attractive people take bad pictures, I know for a fact I take bad pictures.

Then you have this guy:
    i0.kym-cdn.com/.../a90.jpg

Or her:
    i.dailymail.co.uk/.../...0000005DC-569_634x729.jpg

• Depends. Taking a bad photo can happen, but if you look bad in EVERY SINGLE PHOTO then chances are you are not that attractive

• It isn't just a myth. Some people naturally look good in photos and everyone else just have to work a little bit harder to also look good too ;)

• I look like a dead chopped boar in pics. i think I look better in real life.